Kel-Tec Handguns:Autoloaders

SPLN SUX

i have the ruger lcp .380, it is a copy of the kel-tec p3at. i would buy ruger's name over kel-tec anyday. that being said, make sure the ruger recall has been done if you buy a lcp.

tom

This comment doesn't make sense.....

"I like the brand name of x over y, but oh yeah, x has a deadly flaw, make sure you get that fixed"

The tiny little .380 Keltec is a nice little gun, but it does pack a heck of a recoil, which is made worse by it's tiny grips. For guys with big hands, it is terribly uncomfortable to shoot. I could only grip it with my middle finger, with my ring finger half on the grip, so the gun would twist in my hand and pinch my trigger finger under the tip of the trigger. It would probably be much more comfortable for a woman or a guy with small hands.

I don't know if a grip extension is available for it, but if it is, buy one...

I carry a Keltec P3at, I put several hundered rounds through it without issue. If you limp wrist it, it will stove pipe - otherwise its fine. I've had it for 9 months or so (when they first came out I got it). I have a grip extension and it helps.

The P3AT has been out for several YEARS.

;)

KillJoy

OK then! I thought they had just been released, I thought the 32 was out for a while and they just recently made the .380, I was wrong. :)

The rep of the LCP is not better than the Kel Tec's

what year did the lcp come out? what year did the p3at come out? read reviews for both guns from the year they were released to the public. the lcp has had a year of time to gain a repuation. Of course the first run guns recall tarnished that repuation. the p3at has been around for almost 5 years. i am willing to bet if you picked up a first run lcp, and pin it against a first run p3at you wouldnt be discussing this issue. yes i have owned and fired both. i am not bashing kel-tec yet, however i wouldnt run to Vance's and pick one up if you paid me to do it.

tom

i have a PF9 (9mm, 7+1) i bought from a guy here. its one of the "larger" guns of the others mentioned (my buddy has the .380 and its tiny)...while it is nice for pocket carry, what was mentioned is true...it is a bitch to shoot. IIRC, its only like .83" wide...i dont even have large hands per se, and after going through 30-40 rounds, between my thumb and pointer finger was sore as fuck. i really should shoot it more to get used to it if im going to put my life on it, but every time i go to the range, i dont take it out, or if i do, just for a mag or 2, and go back to my M&P.

but i picked it up for like $200, maybe less, with a box of hollowpoints, trigger lock, and a cheap desantis pocket holster

i have a beretta tomcat inox .32acp I'd sell

http://www.snipercountrypx.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/J320500.jpg

$360 and I'll throw in some ammo.

makes a great gun for the ladies if they have a hard time pulling back slides as you can tip up the barrel and load it from there.