CCNA - Passed

Akula

CCNA Certification

Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size route and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN. CCNA curriculum includes basic mitigation of security threats, introduction to wireless networking concepts and terminology, and performance-based skills. This new curriculum also includes (but is not limited to) the use of these protocols: IP, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Serial Line Interface Protocol Frame Relay, Routing Information Protocol Version 2 (RIPv2),VLANs, Ethernet, access control lists (ACLs).

Amirite? Congrats! :D

Keep on truckin! I think I got my CCNA back in 2000 when I was working my way up. The certs pay off, trust me. It was only the CCIE-Security lab which broke my back and I haven't taken a cert since :(

But it will help you get in the door - the rest is up to you.

But it will help you get in the door - the rest is up to you.

You might want to read some of my other posts, like the one where I am bitching about my job in Silicon Valley, or how I travel all over the world. I have been in the door for a while now.

thanks for the congrats everyone, but really the point of my post was that I can help anyone that is having trouble passing this mutha

Jones, I was a CCNP back when I taught the Cisco Networking Academy. I changed to CCSI for CCNA (Instructing for Cisco). I saw a question on the CCNA exam, that was on the BCSI exam (the nat simulation).

Things to study that might surprise you on the exam.

IPV6 - Recognize ip addressing, understand 3 IPV6 to IPV4 tunneling modes.

Cabling - Straight Thru, Crossover, Rollover

Nat - Be able to configure a router to take a /26 of private space and overload a /29 of public space.

STP and VTP - Know the uses and how a root bridge gets elected (STP), know Server, Client and Transparent modes (VTP)

802.1q - Know how to establish a trunk between two switches.

Frame-Relay - Know the show commands to get the DLCI from IARP

Configuration - Routers- simple things like hostname are still on the test, new things like service password encryption and how to setup trunking via sub interfaces is there as well.

Subnetting - you need to be able to subnet in your head (not just simple /24+ cidr but more complex /20s and /23s)

Knowing this cold will get you a passing score of 825 or higher.

Things to study that might surprise you on the exam...A.K.A. gibberish that will bore you to tears...

IPV6 - Recognize ip addressing, understand 3 IPV6 to IPV4 tunneling modes.

Cabling - Straight Thru, Crossover, Rollover

Nat - Be able to configure a router to take a /26 of private space and overload a /29 of public space.

STP and VTP - Know the uses and how a root bridge gets elected (STP), know Server, Client and Transparent modes (VTP)

802.1q - Know how to establish a trunk between two switches.

Frame-Relay - Know the show commands to get the DLCI from IARP

Configuration - Routers- simple things like hostname are still on the test, new things like service password encryption and how to setup trunking via sub interfaces is there as well.

Subnetting - you need to be able to subnet in your head (not just simple /24+ cidr but more complex /20s and /23s)

Too true, sir! :D