nitrous surge and morning running issue

Reed44

first problem is every morning when I start it the check engine light will be on or will come on shortly after. it will run fine with the cel on but right before the cel shuts off it will surge, pop, and want to die if you don't hold the rpms up. it will clear out in a few seconds but it happens everytime it comes on. I don't remember the codes but will check tomorrow but what could some possible causes be? any ideas? second ? is when I spray my nitrous it surges, like the power is coming on and off for a few seconds, its not a rapid surge. I am spraying a 75 shot wet through a plate. could this be a tune issue? or the car just getting use to nitrous?

alright, here is the history of my pcm. #15 engine coolant temp sensor high circuit temp low, #32 exhaust gas recirculation malfunction, #41 ignition control open circuit, #48 maf circuit, #51 pcm-programable ready only memory-flash malfunction. let me know what's going on

Guest Removed
alright, here is the history of my pcm. #15 engine coolant temp sensor high circuit temp low, #32 exhaust gas recirculation malfunction, #41 ignition control open circuit, #48 maf circuit, #51 pcm-programable ready only memory-flash malfunction. let me know what's going on

clear codes and recheck...starting to sound like you might be having a big issue...this another POS you have done some trading for?

I had a 87 Buick and it did the same thing and I changed the coolant sensor and ran like a new car. On the older(80's) turbo dodge cars when one sensor would mess up it made a couple other sensor's malfunction..My money is on the coolant temp sensor

Guest Removed

anyway to read data? (like thru a scan tool?) id start checking that..if you have a bad connection, it could be the cause of your issue.

how does the connector on the sensor look? some of those come with a new connector, for a reason..

anyway to read data? (like thru a scan tool?) id start checking that..if you have a bad connection, it could be the cause of your issue.

how does the connector on the sensor look? some of those come with a new connector, for a reason..

I could as long as my manager lets me use the scanner long enough. Its a genysis scan tool. I will probablly just replace it since its only $9. If this oart is faulty do you think this is whats causing my problems?

From what I read about the sensor when it's bad it can't determine how much fuel to give the motor at different engine temps. When my car did it once the engine got normal operating temp at a light it would studier and lack of power and sometimes die.

I would look at the graphs on the scanner but i dont think i can get my hands on it long enought to do so. Its a $9 part so im just gonna replace it. Could this also be a result in my nitrous surge?

Guest Removed
yes it will be adding too much fuel . i had a iat do that to me when it sprayed too , i had to move it so the n/x wouldnt mess with it .

why was you spraying across the IAT?:wtf:

why was you spraying across the IAT?:wtf:

on a 93 there 2 inches from the thottle body since there is no maf and i had it in the straight pipe befor that , that was the best place to keep it looking good so we moved the iat befor the nozzel and it fixed it .

Guest Removed
on a 93 there 2 inches from the thottle body since there is no maf and i had it in the straight pipe befor that , that was the best place to keep it looking good so we moved the iat befor the nozzel and it fixed it .

you mean you was spraying before the bend to the TB....