iPhone OS 3.0 update?

SilverAudiMike

3g.

There is a website that sets up a new profile that enables tethering. It's easy to use, you basically plug it in to the laptop and go.

The wife's is an original iphone so it doesn't have the simple tether option. :(

Question of the day..... 3G or 3GS ?? Is the 3GS worth the extra $100?

IMO, not yet. Yeah its more powerful, and has more memory, and a better camera, but other than that I am fine with the 3G I have. If you are looking to buy a new phone, you had might as well go with the 3GS though.

I think the 3GS is worth the extra money IMO. Better camera, camcorder, extremely responsive, speak commands, etc. I think there is a comparison tool on the apple website. You could also play with both in the store and see which you like better.

IMO, not yet. Yeah its more powerful, and has more memory, and a better camera, but other than that I am fine with the 3G I have. If you are looking to buy a new phone, you had might as well go with the 3GS though.

It's VERY much worth the money. The faster processor and more RAM made a HUGE difference. Add to that the better resolution camera, autofocus, video, etc. Definitely worth it.

I love my 3GS. I also have MMS and tethering working. Voicemail works still. Both on my and my wife's.

I have the ipcc file you need if anyone is interested.

You got tethering and MMS working, and visual voicemail still works? No shit? Send me that IPCC file!!!! Putty is the man!!!!!

Do you know how to make your iTunes able to allow you to use a ipcc? Cause if you have the latest update to 8.2, it only accepts ipsw files. Apple closed the door after 8.2 PR1.

you got a link on how to do that? I got the 3gs and no mms sucks.

the 3gs is worth it.

Here is the ipcc file. No settings required. It has all the stuff built in.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/i31wl9

You need to do the iTunes hack thingy to be able to use it. This will enable tethering on a 3G or 3GS if you are running 3.0...you need to enter your sim into an old ATT phone and do the mediaNet thing to get MMS to work.