V8 GT-R

sol740

So its not in the production car, how is it allowed to race? Also, they dont want to race their v6tt? That gives me faith in buying a gtr :rolleyes: I really hate nissan...

badass car though.

This is a production car. Nissan has produced enough to be within the rules.

Wait, is it really a 6 cylinder?

I'm so confused.. just goes to show how much I really couldn't care about the new GT-R

The original is a TT V6... this car in the video is a production NA 5.6 Litre V8

A nissan gtr production car comes with an available v8?

In order to use a chassis as a race car, a certain number of them have to be produced as floor models. Now they could all be sold to only the big wigs of Nissan for $1, but they had to be available for sale to the "public". This was a rule that was put in place back in the day of the Can-Am madness with mustangs and Camaros... thats how the GT350/500 were able to race against the Yenko's. This quickly rolled over to the Nascar circuit which inspired the birth of the Hemi Cuda. When Chrysler desinged the 426 hemi for it race car to put the Chevys and Dodges in thier place, they had to actully put it in a car and sell it off the floor... so they cramed it in the Cuda and called it a day.

In order to use a chassis as a race car, a certain number of them have to be produced as floor models. Now they could all be sold to only the big wigs of Nissan for $1, but they had to be available for sale to the "public". This was a rule that was put in place back in the day of the Can-Am madness with mustangs and Camaros... thats how the GT350/500 were able to race against the Yenko's. This quickly rolled over to the Nascar circuit which inspired the birth of the Hemi Cuda. When Chrysler desinged the 426 hemi for it race car to put the Chevys and Dodges in thier place, they had to actully put it in a car and sell it off the floor... so they cramed it in the Cuda and called it a day.

Right, homolegation or whatever. So I take it that they do have GT-R's running around that were "sold" to the "public".