Craigslist

KillJoy

I listed my gas fireplace on CL last night. A few hours later, I received the following email:

Hello,

I would like to know if you are still selling this item above?

John.

I replied with the following:

It was just listed a few hours before you emailed regarding it. Why would I not still be selling it?

Steve

His reply:

Hi there,

Thanks for the prompt response and i will love to make an instant purchase, so please and please do withdraw the advert from Craigslist, i dont mind adding an extra $50.00 for you to take the advert down from craigslist so that i can be rest assured that am in hand of the item. I will also like you to know that i will be paying via check,and it will be over night payment due to the distance. You dont need to bother yourself with the shipment ok,i will do take care of that. So i will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

1. Your full name

2. Your mailing address be it residential or postal address

3. Your Phone Number.

Once again, I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping...i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check. Thanks.

John.

My Reply:

Fuck off.

Steve

:D

KillJoy

Gmail ;)

KillJoy

I hear you on the CL responses. Here is a response I got to a item I have listed for sale on CL. I wanted to sell the item locally so I wouldn't have to worry about shipping.

"Thanks for your quick response,Am somewhere in Utah trying to connect

to a flight to Swindon and the item is meant for

a close associate of mine and she is attached to the United State

Home office in West

Africa in Nigeria and that is why I suggest paypal and add the

extra for shipping and the troubles,can you help with the shipping

process?"

I didn't even bother responding although I should have just to f8ck with him since it was a email account I had created specifically for CL.