Taurus SHO

93toNV

FYI

I just passed a green SHO for sale just east of Mt. Vernon. Looked very nice, did not see any rust at all from the road. $2800 OBO. I Can get the details for anyone that wants the info.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI

I just passed a green SHO for sale just east of Mt. Vernon. Looked very nice, did not see any rust at all from the road. $2800 OBO. I Can get the details for anyone that wants the info.

I have been looking at picking up a Gen 2 SHO MTX for a project lately and found a 1992 Green with Black interior (rare) in MINT condition. It was at a dealer and they want like 6500. They could easily get 4 maybe 5 out of it.

I think I am just going to stick with my GTI though. 5k in the GTI is way too appealing.

Guest Removed
Audi really started to turn things around with the later model cars 2000+. Once the B6 A4 came along (2002) there really isn't any room to talk about them being less reliable than the comparable BMW or Mercedes.

But as you stated, each ownership experience is different. From the specific model, to the specific car you bought, to the dealership service etc.

I have had great experiences with 3 out of 4 VAG cars. My 2006 GTI was a bit problematic, but was always fixed when I took it in.

but here is the thing, go back and read what the dumb fuck i quoted below you here said..that the 80's audi's rocked...:wtf:

Yes, because of the C5R's success your car kicks ass. You understood correctly. Anyone who has seen an Audi 5000 next to a taurus can see where Ford got that idea from. They're nearly identical from the side, seriously. Good luck getting any Ford guy to admit that. Hey, Lexus jacks other companies ideas too, it's okay!

Sorry you had so many problems, no car is perfect. I suspect your Audis were not maintained correctly. Electrical gremlins they have, but I'd rather have a goofy center display than a rusty shell of a body.

and why was the tearass one of the best selling cars ever?, and like stated already the 5000 was a fucking fail boat. go stick that in your german ass crack and lick it. i bet your one of those audi guys living in a trailer out in the middle of no where, with 10 80's model audi's parked in the half yard.

In the United States, the 5000 name was abandoned after Audi received very negative publicity over its "unintended acceleration" incident, a problem exacerbated by a November 1986 CBS News' 60 Minutes program. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) concluded

because stupid sheeple listen to the liberal bullshit that spews forth from people like 60 minutes and make an uninformed decision. That's why. Oh, and it isn't like they're the same price or anything. If ANY of you have driven a taurus AND a 5000, then you can post. Otherwise stfu because I have and therefore have a frame of reference whereas you do not. Go sit in your garage and think about patching up your rust holes now, while I look at my beautiful original finish that has survived 2 decades of Ohio winters.

Not that Audis are the best cars ever, but Jesus guys. If any of you had the money, I know you wouldn't buy a taurus, nobody would. $$$

because stupid sheeple listen to the liberal bullshit that spews forth from people like 60 minutes and make an uninformed decision. That's why. Oh, and it isn't like they're the same price or anything. If ANY of you have driven a taurus AND a 5000, then you can post. Otherwise stfu because I have and therefore have a frame of reference whereas you do not. Go sit in your garage and think about patching up your rust holes now, while I look at my beautiful original finish that has survived 2 decades of Ohio winters.

Not that Audis are the best cars ever, but Jesus guys. If any of you had the money, I know you wouldn't buy a taurus, nobody would. $$$

I guess we will see how they sell.

but here is the thing, go back and read what the dumb fuck i quoted below you here said..that the 80's audi's rocked...:wtf:

I know, I was trying to let that one go lol.

I guess we will see how they sell.

Well they already have a $1,000 incentive for all 2010 Tauri including the SHO and they haven't even hit dealer lots.

The 80's Audis did rock, geez! When audi is turning out cars like the sport quattro (where were the evos and stis then? Didn't exist son!) and dominating racing on the track and on the dirt (IMSA, Trans Am, Rally ftw) then yeah, they were rockin. How awesome were your mustangs in in the 1980's? Yeah, that's what I thought. The only reason people buy them is to modify them into something they can bear to drive. Come on now. Not too mention Audi was poineering and mainstreaming some of the technologies we take for granted today. Turbocharging, all wheel drive, negative roll radius, sacrificial suspension parts, trip computers, heated seats everywhere, manually locking differentials, torque sensing differentials, aerodynamics, defeatable ABS, thermostatically controlled oil coolers, 5 valves per cylinder (okay, in the prototype phase), dual clutch transmissions, on board diagnostics and so on and so on. Did ford even know what a DSG box existed?

The bottom line is an econobox taurus is just ford's cheap version of a stripped down Audi 5000. Don't tell me they sucked, if the COPY of the car can sell so well. Also please realize you live in America where people want POS disposable cars, not a quality piece of technology (what ever happened to those 2 million taurus cars anyway? I haven't seen one on the road in weeks?). Why did k-cars sell better than 911s? It must be because they were totally better, and have nothing to do with engineering or price... Wow, I'm done with this thread. Cars sucked in the 80's in general, but at least Audis weren't all total fail like some other companies;)

Quit being ignorant. Sure, the SHO is better than a regular taurus, but it's still a taurus. Have a nice day.

Guest Removed

i have owned both taurus and a 5000...the 5000 was broke more then it ever ran. and as always was one of the worst cars ever! and still cant get around how the taurus was one of the BEST SELLING CARS. you would have to take several audi fail models to come even close to taurus sale numbers.

and dont fucking pm me again about calling you a dumbass. you are a dumbass, i called you a dumbass. get the fuck over it. its the internet. wipe your tears in your wife/sisters panty's and go back to leveling your trailer

Guest Removed
The 80's Audis did rock, geez! When audi is turning out cars like the sport quattro (where were the evos and stis then? Didn't exist son!) and dominating racing on the track and on the dirt (IMSA, Trans Am, Rally ftw) then yeah, they were rockin. How awesome were your mustangs in in the 1980's? Yeah, that's what I thought. The only reason people buy them is to modify them into something they can bear to drive. Come on now. Not too mention Audi was poineering and mainstreaming some of the technologies we take for granted today. Turbocharging, all wheel drive, negative roll radius, sacrificial suspension parts, trip computers, heated seats everywhere, manually locking differentials, torque sensing differentials, aerodynamics, defeatable ABS, thermostatically controlled oil coolers, 5 valves per cylinder (okay, in the prototype phase), dual clutch transmissions, on board diagnostics and so on and so on. Did ford even know what a DSG box existed?

The bottom line is an econobox taurus is just ford's cheap version of a stripped down Audi 5000. Don't tell me they sucked, if the COPY of the car can sell so well. Also please realize you live in America where people want POS disposable cars, not a quality piece of technology (what ever happened to those 2 million taurus cars anyway? I haven't seen one on the road in weeks?). Why did k-cars sell better than 911s? It must be because they were totally better, and have nothing to do with engineering or price... Wow, I'm done with this thread. Cars sucked in the 80's in general, but at least Audis weren't all total fail like some other companies;)

Quit being ignorant. Sure, the SHO is better than a regular taurus, but it's still a taurus. Have a nice day.

turning out 4000lbs POS that had 118 hp..... thats a real winner in my book.

damn car was so confusing people couldnt even drive them

How awesome were your mustangs in in the 1980's?

Plenty, the 5.0 fuel injected motors did just fine, as did the turbo 2.3 in the svo's

The only reason people buy them is to modify them into something they can bear to drive.

No they bought/modified them solely to beat audis.

(what ever happened to those 2 million taurus cars anyway? I haven't seen one on the road in weeks?).

Where do you drive? Dublin, Powell ??

Thats just like calling audis over priced volkswaggons, which they are. Get off your horse

God damn there is a lot of retarded fucking shit being said in this thread. Do a fucking search and you will find that the taurus was based off the 5000. Taurus' are pieces of shit that can never be compared to an audi/bmw/mb. I don't even think ford thought about selling the taurus outside the US cause people over there appreciate nice things, and don't tollerate pieces of shit.

Yamaha did not make audis 2.7 engine, and if someone thinks they can take my 2.7 with their 3.0l, fucking bring it, summer time, winter time, straight line, corners, and I would like to compare interiors too.

Guest Removed

yeah ford based one of the best seling cars off a pos....and it worked where audi failed..look it up. audi couldnt sell them under the 5000 name anymore and even when they called it the 100 or 200, they still wouldnt sell

but you never se them?

date stamped for you too

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_2951.jpg

and guess what..there is no rust..umm go figure there.

and if someone thinks they can take my 2.7 with their 3.0l.

how much money have you put in the car since you bought it? I bet dollar for dollar a stick SHO would pimpslap you, but theres none here to prove it, so I'm just curious how much money you've wasted on that car

Guest Removed

i got a 91 sho sitting here with bolt on's.......

bring on any 91 audi with bolt ons..turbo'd or not.

40 and 60 roll

and even digs. you dont have enough to keep up with the 150 shot from a roll, and from a dig, i'll wait till 3rd to smack the button.

then we shall see what happens.that way we can stop comparing 2000 ish audi's to a 90's tearass.

yeah ford based one of the best seling cars off a pos....and it worked where audi failed..look it up. audi couldnt sell them under the 5000 name anymore and even when they called it the 100 or 200, they still wouldnt sell

Ugh fail. It was called the 100 and 200 outside the US, thats what they really were. Just like how the 3000GT was actually the GTO but renamed in the US. Acura TSX = Honda Accord everywhere else, etc.

"While the original Taurus was slagged by some as a 5000 rip-off back in ‘86"

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/the-imitable-audi-500/

Read that, the taurus wasnt the only car.

"inspired by the design of the Audi 5000"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Taurus

how much money have you put in the car since you bought it? I bet dollar for dollar a stick SHO would pimpslap you, but theres none here to prove it, so I'm just curious how much money you've wasted on that car

3k for stock rs4 turbos and hardware.

I bet not, a stock 2.7 shouldnt have problems, even if the s4 was chipped = $500. Highly doubt you can get almost 100ft/lb of torque out of a chip in a SHO.

stop comparing 2000 ish audi's to a 90's tearass.

Someone brought up the 2.7, I responded. Try to keep up.

bring on any 91 audi with bolt ons..turbo'd or not.

40 and 60 roll

1991 Audi S2

Roll racing is for faggots, but whatever.

The picture clearly shows Ohio plates, last time I checked Ohio isnt in Europe/Africa/Asia/Australia. Not sure if you were arguing with me about not seeing them outside the US. (EDIT: No, I see you were not)

Edited by kickass

QFT.

you fags need to start club audi.. that think looks like a early 90's 2 door cavalier. yuk

Yeah I can really see the resemblence, I mean if it wasn't for the audi logo, I'd for sure think cavalier.

http://www.flappes.de/Bilder/AudiS2_16.jpg

Yeah I can really see the resemblence, I mean if it wasn't for the audi logo, I'd for sure think cavalier.

http://www.flappes.de/Bilder/AudiS2_16.jpg

shit then drool on these

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/chevrolet-cavalier-10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/berettaboi/esfdswlights.jpg

you fags need to start club audi.. that think looks like a early 90's 2 door cavalier. yuk

shit then drool on these

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/chevrolet-cavalier-10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/berettaboi/esfdswlights.jpg

lol what? There isnt a single thing that resembles any of those.

But now I see since everything else failed, the argument is going to turn to looks. If anyone here wants to say that a Taurus is a good looking car, well then I'm the king of France. The Audi 80/S2 (B4 chassis) was a very popular car in the rest of the world. Very nice styling.

But if you drool over one of these:

http://www.superhighoutput.com/gallery/data/media/1/IMG_0096.jpg

You might as well drool over one of these:

http://www.bwass.org/bucket/turd-sprinkles.jpg

It has sprinkles on it to differentiate the SHO from the regular taurus.

Guest fist302

but you never se them?

date stamped for you too

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_2951.jpg

and guess what..there is no rust..umm go figure there.

Thanks for using my car as a posterchild for a properly taking care of SHO :D