• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
93 sho atx? does a 15.2

2000gtp does 15.1 so dam close

sure use the auto trans sho..my stone stocker went 14.9's with a 5 speed

and alot faster with a 100 shot

its would hold a 150 shot..but i would only do that from a roll for sure...and time delay it on a controller for the trans to live just a while longer:(

Sometimes.

Anybody wanna find out? I got a 95 Taurus.

Posting a SHO in a SHO thread.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv346/wpiner88/1990-ford-taurus-sho.jpg

I have a GTP and Ive always wanted to race the infamous SHO...

Guest fist302
i call hot shoe for the sho!

will you cant drive...

haha :asshole: well i havent blown mine up yet over the years so i must be doing something right...

sure use the auto trans sho..my stone stocker went 14.9's with a 5 speed

and alot faster with a 100 shot

its would hold a 150 shot..but i would only do that from a roll for sure...and time delay it on a controller for the trans to live just a while longer:(

I ran a 14.8 bone stock in my GTP.

Whats yours got done to it? Mine is just bolt ons.

A few bolt ons. Do you have track times?

Guest fist302

nope but its good for a high 14. 212whp as it sits. Ever ran yours?

nope but its good for a high 14. 212whp as it sits. Ever ran yours?

I ran a 14.1 about a week ago. I think you might be underestimating your car if you are at 212whp.

I never been to a dyno but Im guessing Im 220-230whp. How much does your car weigh?

old school battle?

Guest fist302
I ran a 14.1 about a week ago. I think you might be underestimating your car if you are at 212whp.

I never been to a dyno but Im guessing Im 220-230whp. How much does your car weigh?

old school battle?

They really dont do well from a stop thats why im guessing its still high 14's. Its a 3400 pound car without me in it. Im down for a battle of the family sedans :D, sounds like we are reasonably close.

Whats yours got done to it? Mine is just bolt ons.

As you know the only "bolt on" that does much of anything on a 5 speed sho is the down pipe. A solidly maintained SHO will outrun a "modded" sho with 0 maint. (I know you know this, I am simply explaining this for those that don't)

The SHO 5 speed is deceptively fast from a roll. I would say if you ran low 14s, it would be a close race until the speeds reach 100+ where the SHO would start to pull.

old school battle?

The SHO is notoriously bad in the 1/4. They seem to hang with cars about 1 second faster than their 1/4 times from a roll.

Turbo?

def not.

I miss my SHO big time!!

that would be toolman on the shoforum. He is THE guy to talk to about F/I SHOs. He has built many throughout the years.

The Yamaha V6 in the 89-95 SHO has forged internals. Most people use stock engines to run 300-500hp and others throw in a set of low comp pistons and fresh seals/bearings and never worry about it again. One guy has a supercharged 3.0 with over 300k miles on the stock engine. Pretty amazing stuff, and way ahead of their time in 89.

Absolutely right. My old sho would only be able to muster up a 14.8 while my buddies 5.0 went 14.0 flat. Anyway to make a long story short we lined them up from a 40mph roll and the SHO just WASTED that fox. From a dig however...that was another story. When roll racing a SHO you need to find a starting speed that you can be at about 3700rpms when you hit it, that means as soon as u gun it, the rpms will instantly sweep over 4k and HELLO SECONDARIES!!!!!! :bangbang: