anyone with an rsx type-s?

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

anyone here want to give me their opinion on one? maybe take me for a ride?

stock is preferred, looking for a new daily and it wont be modded, so i dont want to ride in a 500hp turbo car lol...well, i still want to ride, but i wanna ride in a stock one also

Guest Removed

like this?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_2961.jpg

do this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_2962.jpg

then it will eat these

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_2964.jpg

like this?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_2961.jpg

do this

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_2962.jpg

then it will eat these

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/Shop%20stuff/100_2964.jpg

Yeszir!

Tyler just go to the used car lot and test drive one. You're a big boy now, they'll see you pull up in a Harley truck, tell them you're thinking of trading it, and they'll be more then happy to let you drive it. Then when they start talking about buying it, tell them it's a piece of shit and leave. I used to do this stuff all the time, it's actually quite fun.

Tyler just go to the used car lot and test drive one. You're a big boy now, they'll see you pull up in a Harley truck, tell them you're thinking of trading it, and they'll be more then happy to let you drive it. Then when they start talking about buying it, tell them it's a piece of shit and leave. I used to do this stuff all the time, it's actually quite fun.

agreed...

Guest tbutera2112

ok ill try...doubt theyre gonna let an 18yr old test drive one, but we will see

I only got told no once, and it was a WS6 f-body. I was 19, but my wife was 21 so she said she wanted to drive it. I drove it anyway. Fuck them, it's all about perception. ;)

You want me to go with you I will.

also if you don't change the oil on a regular basis you better check it frequently, they do burn oil, lots of interior rattles most are from the dash, there was a bulletin out where we had to remove the dashboard to repair the rattles, oil leaks from the timing cover area, A/F sensor failures are common

Guest tbutera2112
also if you don't change the oil on a regular basis you better check it frequently, they do burn oil, lots of interior rattles most are from the dash, there was a bulletin out where we had to remove the dashboard to repair the rattles, oil leaks from the timing cover area, A/F sensor failures are common

what would you reccomend for a nice daily then?

tired of 12mpg, but i dont want a car thats a complete pig

There is no such thing as perfect, just pick what has a good balance of reliability and performance.

Best thing you can do is go drive a bunch of things, I just got back from testing out the new Genesis Coupe, overall I found it a bit boring, at least the V6 is, but its a pretty solid car with a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, on and it's CHEAP.

Lindsay Acura let me test drive one with my mom when I was 19. The salesman didn't come with either. It probably helped that we had bought a car from the salesman when he worked at a Mitsu dealership. I ended up buying it. The gas mileage wasn't that great really, but I never had problems with it burning oil, or with 3rd gear. Also the insurance prices suuucked. Thank you Fast and the Furious...

All in all it was a good daily and girls like it cause it was an Acura and had a halfway decent interior...I just got way bored with it.

I've driven my buddies on many occasions, basically stock besides exhaust, and I love it. Its peppy, looks good, gets good MPG, and has a comfy interior.

I also test drive one years ago, before I bought my 300zx, so around 2005. The sales guy was not happy with the flogging I gave that car.

i have a si civic.. basically same car

mine has lower HP though..

they dont get that great of mpg.. best i have gotten is 30 mpg .. thats highway to and from work

i put tons of miles on mine.. its by no means fast, but it gets me from point a to point b and handles pretty well, decent in snow... i dont have any interior rattles, but i do have an oil leak from the timing cover area, which i should fix at some point

I learned to drive standard in my buddy's 02 Type-S. It was and still is bone stock, they are EXTREMELY easy to drive. They have an advantage over the newer Civic Si's by being lighter. I can't remember the cut off years but (I think) the 02-04 Type-S have different gears than the 05's (same gearing as the new Si). With the first gen gearbox in the 02+ you can hit 60+mph in 2nd gear, the 05/Si need 3rd gear to do that. Though since it would be your daily im not sure how important that would be. My friend's car only has a "3rd gear issue" when he tries to shift so quickly that he doesnt engage the clutch all the way, lol. I'm not sure about the 05+ but if you're light on the throttle, 30+ mpg wouldn't be too hard.

The RSX-S is a great car. Don't use it as a "race car" and it will be fine. I have a 99 Civic Si(you've seen it) that I drive on the weekends or to travel. They are fun as hell to drive, but slow in a straight line. Oh well, I did not buy it to be a race car. For a DD, it is perfect. Good MPG, fun to drive, handles amazingly, and is reliable. The RSX-S is the same idea, only better IMO. DO IT!