For those who watch deadliest catch

Orion

None. there's no way I could get on one.. Maybe if I was a cook :). Hell no on fisherman.

IF I had to be on one, Time Bandit.

So.. who's watched it from the WAY beginning. Remember the Erla N? That captain was a fucking douche bag from hell. Wonder what happened to him/them/boat.

None. there's no way I could get on one.. Maybe if I was a cook :). Hell no on fisherman.

IF I had to be on one, Time Bandit.

So.. who's watched it from the WAY beginning. Remember the Erla N? That captain was a fucking douche bag from hell. Wonder what happened to him/them/boat.

Having kids now, I would not get on one. Before kids, I would go in a second.

If you had to choose a ship to be on. What ship would you choose?

Northwestern for me

Northwestern also. Sig will work your ass off, then keep working you. But you'll go home with a bigger paycheck for it.

Time Bandit is the party boat (as much as any of those boats could be considered fun). So they're my second choice.

4 days for 40 grand? done and done.

Everyone always says this, ignoring the month and a half of preparation you do before you actually go out to sea. Not downplaying that it is a shit ton of money, but you work for more than 4 days.

I was watching FoodTV the other day and they had Phil on there from the Cornelia Marie. He said that a deckhand can grab 100k in a year (it was either a year or 9 months or something like that). But damn, you work your ass off for it.

60 hour work runs. ugh. It's hard enough to stay above water for 24 hours for me.

Everyone always says this, ignoring the month and a half of preparation you do before you actually go out to sea. Not downplaying that it is a shit ton of money, but you work for more than 4 days.

2 months for $40K isn't bad either, expecially when you're only hauling pots for maybe 3 weeks total.

The Bandit may haul the crab fast, but the NorthWestern hands go home with 10K+ more per season than the Hillstrand's crew.

I was watching FoodTV the other day and they had Phil on there from the Cornelia Marie. He said that a deckhand can grab 100k in a year (it was either a year or 9 months or something like that). But damn, you work your ass off for it.

60 hour work runs. ugh. It's hard enough to stay above water for 24 hours for me.

It's 8 months or so. You get 100K and the summer off if you're willing to bust ass. I think most just hit up the King Crab and Opi seasons and let other crews handle the off-season work so they maybe take home 50-60K a year and have the summer off.

Good thread. I approve of this discussion and the show. My wife and I were surprised when they wrapped up the king crab season before going to Opies...IIRC, Northwestern deckhands pulled $54k.

No one goes home a loser on that show, that's fo sho...

I feel bad for Cornelia Marie and Wizard...ship's seem to be falling apart. Also, the wave in the beginning of Opie season leveled a bunch of guys on Wizard.

The show is bonkers, and I love it. TiVoed, and will watch it shortly...