DTM Brian

2001 Pontiac Firebird

Patriot Heads

Texas Giant Cam

Long Tubes

Catback Unknown

DTM Tune in Blue

Competitors Tune in Red

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/Christopher%20Pennington.jpg

Customer went to the competitor first to get a tune done. The customer was recommended to this tuning shop by the shop that did his heads and cam install. They did 3 pulls on the car in 20 minutes and charged him $500.00 for the tune. The tuner told him he could tune the car for max power but it would blow up if he did that. I guess that is a good power curve and a safe a/f.

This car had no drivability when it came to me. It would not start and idle on its own. The car would not take gas at low rpm. You can see that in the graph in red. Yet this car was tuned in 3 pulls for $500.00.

The car now starts and idles like a champ, crisp throttle response, and a much smoother power curve given the size of the cam. It took the competitor 20 minutes to do their tune. It took me closer to 3 hours to do my tune. A lot of time involved going back and fixing things that did not need to be changed in the first place. Everything worked out in the end. The customer is happy and I am sure he will be telling his friends.

plus 1 on that.....

I too have been hearing good things coming from your place. Had a guy come in today and said he had work done by you awhile back. Sorry but I can not remember his name.

I have not posted may tunes lately because I have just been busy. I usually get online just long enough to answer customer e-mails and do my mail order tunes. I have several tunes I should be posting which include mustangs and lsx cars. I even have a couple imports to post as well. But for now I am off to bed. I have a turbo mustang coming in from out of state for a tune at 8:00.

Thanks again Rob and Scott for the support.

Graph is back up.

Damn internet connection at home. Modem has been crashing once a day.

Anythony,

The customer claims he paid for a dyno tune which was $500.00 dollars. He did not to get to see his car on the dyno. All he could do is hear the car make 3 pulls. 20 minutes went by and he had his car back. The tuner claimed the hesitation was because of the size of the cam. I am not going to get into details of how the airflow and fuel tables were setup. Lets just say the tune was done "incorrect" (LMAO)

It is just a real shame that this kind of crap goes on here.

Oh!!! For the record, the competitor is not a sponsor of this forum!!!!!!!

Guest Removed
Graph is back up.

Damn internet connection at home. Modem has been crashing once a day.

Anythony,

The customer claims he paid for a dyno tune which was $500.00 dollars. He did not to get to see his car on the dyno. All he could do is hear the car make 3 pulls. 20 minutes went by and he had his car back. The tuner claimed the hesitation was because of the size of the cam. I am not going to get into details of how the airflow and fuel tables were setup. Lets just say the tune was done "incorrect" (LMAO)

It is just a real shame that this kind of crap goes on here.

Oh!!! For the record, the competitor is not a sponsor of this forum!!!!!!!

wow...just fucking wow....:nono:

Agreed. If it is not a CR Sponsor, there is no Sponsor Conflict. It would be best of others to avoid this "tuner".

KillJoy

if they are not a sponsor of this forum care to indulge us with who it was

wow...just fucking wow....:nono:

It isnt good business for any one in the industry to treat customers like this.

I will get in contact with the customer and ask him he would be willing to join CR and talk about the shop in question. I am thinking he will being that he thanked me again and again with the time and effort that I put into his car.

Even though the shop is not a member of the forum. I am going to play it safe and not mention their name. Just trying to prevent any flaming coming into my thread. (I am flamed out. All I want to do is make a living, have fun doing what I like, and make customers happy just like the rest of the sponsors of this forum.) I guess let it be a lesson to those who are considering a dyno tune. If you pay $500.00, expect more then 3 pulls and 20 mins of work for it to be done right. :)

I If you pay $500.00, expect more then 3 pulls and 20 mins of work for it to be done right. :)

Great job on fixing that tune Brian!

On average it takes me about 3-5 hours to tune a cammed LSx car, Its obvious that the shop doesn't have much experience with GM LSxs.

Great job on fixing that tune Brian!

On average it takes me about 3-5 hours to tune a cammed LSx car, Its obvious that the shop doesn't have much experience with GM LSxs.

Thank you sir. The tuner claims that is their specialty. Can you say 28 degrees of timing pasted throughout the whole High Octane Table? Not to mention the jagged IFR table and P/E.

LOL