Car AC ?s.

Stampede

Guest Removed

40-50 on depending on which way you test it...

i have a guage you can use and show you how to max effort test it and what not...

not giving out all my tricks on the net

Depending on ambient air temp and humidity, the vent should be putting out temps between 35 and 55 degrees. Based on current weather conditions I'd think you'd be around 45-50 for a good working system. People's opinions vary, 35-55 is by the book.

Guest Removed
the landscaper down the way over here..i had steve come over and charge his..he had 32 at the center vents, and the guys swears the things blows ice cicles at him on the freeway on a day like today...:)

Depending on ambient air temp and humidity, the vent should be putting out temps between 35 and 55 degrees. Based on current weather conditions I'd think you'd be around 45-50 for a good working system. People's opinions vary, 35-55 is by the book.

this

or my way i turn it on. if my nips get hard with in a minuite its good to go.

i tested thsi theory this morning an worked great~!!!!!

Damn, I don't think it's that cold. I had to disconnect the system, for an engine rebuild. Pulled a Vacuum on it last night, with HF vacuum pump, and charged the system. Sitting in driveway, with the temp reading 81deg and humid. It felt cold but, not cold enough.

Gearhead: I thought we where all friends here. HaHa.

How much are going to charge?

Thanks.

i want my a/c to blow at like 20* that'd be the shit on a day like today!

water would freeze on your evaporater core at that temp and your shit would blow warm untill it thawed out

on topic

set the ac for maximum cooling put a thermometer in the center vent sitting still on a hot day you should see 45-50 degrees with an electric fan with a mechanical fan you might get closer to 60 degrees moving on the highway 35-45 degrees regardless of fan type

you can buy a thermometer at any autoparts store for about 5 bucks

if you have guages on it you want to see 20ish psi on the low side and 200-300 psi on the high side sitting still depending on the car and ambient tempature the pressures may vary some

my guages are out on loan right now but I can get ahold of them if you'd like to borrow them

Guest Removed

Gearhead: I thought we where all friends here. HaHa.

How much are going to charge?

Thanks.

88.50 plus taxs..i can have it setup to be done here at night or you can go over the the family shop and have it done... http://www.handsautomotive.com

go over and mention (Gearhead sent me) and he will check it for FREE! but charging it and doing a complete check runs 88.50 plus taxs. and each system under goes a vacuum test, full charge with oil and dye(to find the hidden leaks), check for leaks with sniffer etc, and vent temp checks and so on. steve can diag most any system within a 1/2 or so. and is capable of doing several cars at one time and making any repairs needed. all they mainly do in the summer is a/c. we have been doing this stuff for over 40 years. im just not set up here at my shop to do it. i am capable of making any repairs that are needed, cause he sends the evaps core replacements over here that he dont want to do.