toyota/sc300 people

boosted98gst

I am looking into getting one, sick of the cars ive had in the past, would like somthing with performance yet have class and have alot of options in engine swaps or turbos. Everyone in my family loves toyotas and im the only one who has never owned one. Let me hear what you guys have to say!

They are based on the supra platform. The 2jzge is a good engine, but a little weak. I think it is 200 hp. There are turbo kits for them, but I would swap for the GTE. The GTE has better pistons, rods, crank, oil system. And before you ask, you cannot take the turbo manifold from the GE and put it on the GTE. The bolt holes do not line up.

IIRC the best you will get out of a GE with a turbo is about 320 hp unless you do major surgery. The GTE was 320 stock. If you do BPU+++ you can get over 400rwhp with the GTE. I did 411RWHP in my supra with that set up.

BTW... be prepared to spend lots of money. The parts for the GTE and GE are not like buy 4g63 stuff!

I have never owned one, but have worked on/ driven them in the past. If it were me and this is totally up to me, I would have one with the 1uz V8 in it and just mod that. Although I would not turbo it because I like the power it makes as it is.

If I wanted a classy lexus with the I6 swap I would do it in the IS300, smaller sportier car that weighs much less than the SC or LS series.

Just my .02 and my preference, I am one that thinks the 2JZ is a little over rated, its a fantastic motor, but the 7m or 1JZ could make as much power with less money IMO.

They're great cars and I recommend them to anyone. They're not all that powerful from the factory, but have enough power to have a little bit of fun with. They're extremely comfortable and drive like a dream.

Just as Packie offered, I would be willing to take you for a ride in mine once I get it running right so you could feel how they drive.

They are based on the supra platform. The 2jzge is a good engine, but a little weak. I think it is 200 hp. There are turbo kits for them, but I would swap for the GTE. The GTE has better pistons, rods, crank, oil system. And before you ask, you cannot take the turbo manifold from the GE and put it on the GTE. The bolt holes do not line up.

IIRC the best you will get out of a GE with a turbo is about 320 hp unless you do major surgery. The GTE was 320 stock. If you do BPU+++ you can get over 400rwhp with the GTE. I did 411RWHP in my supra with that set up.

BTW... be prepared to spend lots of money. The parts for the GTE and GE are not like buy 4g63 stuff!

Nothing wrong with going the NA-T route, that's what I'm doing with mine. The GE motors are pretty stout, and do not require "major surgery" to get decent power out of. A headgasket swap, fuel pump, and bigger injectors is all that you need. The 320whp that you listed is a pretty typical # for NA-T cars running on the stock HG and fuel.

It's not otherworldly to see mid 400whp numbers or more out of a GE motor with the HG swap, upgraded injectors, and upgraded fuel pump. The biggest weak point with these motors is the head, but they wake up very nicely with a set of cams. :)

If thats the car it looks like it is, you don't want to buy it.

They're great cars and I recommend them to anyone. They're not all that powerful from the factory, but have enough power to have a little bit of fun with. They're extremely comfortable and drive like a dream.

Just as Packie offered, I would be willing to take you for a ride in mine once I get it running right so you could feel how they drive.

Nothing wrong with going the NA-T route, that's what I'm doing with mine. The GE motors are pretty stout, and do not require "major surgery" to get decent power out of. A headgasket swap, fuel pump, and bigger injectors is all that you need. The 320whp that you listed is a pretty typical # for NA-T cars running on the stock HG and fuel.

It's not otherworldly to see mid 400whp numbers or more out of a GE motor with the HG swap, upgraded injectors, and upgraded fuel pump. The biggest weak point with these motors is the head, but they wake up very nicely with a set of cams. :)

Let me follow up and expand a little further what I was trying to get across. The GE with a turbo will not handle as much power as the GTE will. It is very common to have 700+ RWHP out of the GTE with a turbo, fuel, and EMS. I think the record for a stock block is 1038rwhp. The GE, even if you swap the head gasket and add fuel will not survive long at those numbers.

The GE is not a bad engine but is has some limitations. Dollar for dollar I would swap to the GTE. For the 3k you will spend on the turbo and fuel for the GE you can swap the GTE for about the same price and have a better platform.

My .02

Let me follow up and expand a little further what I was trying to get across. The GE with a turbo will not handle as much power as the GTE will. It is very common to have 700+ RWHP out of the GTE with a turbo, fuel, and EMS. I think the record for a stock block is 1038rwhp. The GE, even if you swap the head gasket and add fuel will not survive long at those numbers.

The GE is not a bad engine but is has some limitations. Dollar for dollar I would swap to the GTE. For the 3k you will spend on the turbo and fuel for the GE you can swap the GTE for about the same price and have a better platform.

My .02

Of course it won't, two completely different engines. I agree with you that the GTE swap would be the better option, but you can still make very good #s on a GE motor.

The funny thing is that the 2JZ motor was meant to be a turbo motor, in both variations. Of course the GTE was a sequential twin turbo motor from the factory, but the GE motor has a place on the block for an oil return plate/line for a turbo setup. Makes life that much easier for an NA-T install. :p

Either way, you can have a very fun car for not too many dollars.

I actually saw this guy driving on sawmill road yesterday. It looked/sounded pretty nice.

GE has the same bottom end minus the oil squirters.

Exactly ^

I dont know where everyone is coming up with the gte vs ge blocks being so different. On the bottom end the only difference is the oil squiters. Top end, yes completely different heads but there isn't any proven numbers that one head is better than another. The intake manifold is drastically different and can be swapped for a front facing one instead of over the top of the head.

The only other limiting factors are 1. ignition (coil on plug vs cap +rotor on the ge) and 2. stock transmissions on the sc are either the w58 (good for 400wheel torque) or the auto which would need to be built.

As far as power handling capabilities they are equal if they have the same head gasket. AEM EMS + >T60 turbo and 16psi = 500whp+ and you can use all the same parts between the two except when swapping intake and exhaust manifolds.

I loved mine and will get another sometime but the "scene" has changed from a more mature group to a bunch of wangstas and punks. Sorry biggu and others who still own them. It has always been my favorite car ive owned.

I have not bought 4g63 stuff in over 5 years try buying skyline parts they make gte and ge parts look cheap. To make it easy there is no way im going to turbo the GE one of my best friends owns R&D factory in california largest importer in the united states , and he stocks supra stuff. What I wanted to know is how heavy are they? and can you really feel it while driving? coming from a 2600 240sx with an turbo inline 6 , I dont want to get into a huge boat car that has no feeling.

GE has the same bottom end minus the oil squirters.

The pistons are not the same. Not saying that aftermarket pistons from the GTE will not fit into the GE, but the stock one are not the same. The ring lands are thinner.

The rods are not the same either.

I have not bought 4g63 stuff in over 5 years try buying skyline parts they make gte and ge parts look cheap. To make it easy there is no way im going to turbo the GE one of my best friends owns R&D factory in california largest importer in the united states , and he stocks supra stuff. What I wanted to know is how heavy are they? and can you really feel it while driving? coming from a 2600 240sx with an turbo inline 6 , I dont want to get into a huge boat car that has no feeling.

I think they weigh about the same as the supra, about 3400#

Jason, its pretty much like what he said. if you want you can take my car for a spin and drive it. granted its far from stock however.

I guess the best thing to do is really get behind the wheel. I know your car is modded but I can still get a feel for the car. Let me know what you are doing this coming week and id buy you lunch if your willing to let me test drive your car. text me anyways I have alot of questions about the car 937 243 5974

Would not touch that car with a ten foot pole. If you could get it cheap then maybe, but I would want to go through the car first. Like Pat was thinking above that is a local car.

Would not touch that car with a ten foot pole. If you could get it cheap then maybe, but I would want to go through the car first. Like Pat was thinking above that is a local car.

+1 this car and the red one were both the cars that were raped on the high way by a few select members. 2jz-GTE with a GT40r only making 490HP...somethings not right there. it should be a good deal higher. hell a stock 2jz-gte with stock twins and BPU+++ could get very close to that mark power wise. hell my 1jz with my basic upgrades is close to that number at only 16 PSI on my stock twins.

Jason Ill send you a text but i dont want you to get one because that means youll wanna keep your r154 =P unless you wanna trade my w58 for your r154 plus cash on my end LOL!

I wanted to know is how heavy are they? and can you really feel it while driving? coming from a 2600 240sx with an turbo inline 6 , I dont want to get into a huge boat car that has no feeling.

They're pretty heavy, and I can certainly feel it driving my brother's car. But, the power the car can put down can certainly negate that fact.

+1 this car and the red one were both the cars that were raped on the high way by a few select members. 2jz-GTE with a GT40r only making 490HP...somethings not right there. it should be a good deal higher. hell a stock 2jz-gte with stock twins and BPU+++ could get very close to that mark power wise. hell my 1jz with my basic upgrades is close to that number at only 16 PSI on my stock twins.

Jason Ill send you a text but i dont want you to get one because that means youll wanna keep your r154 =P unless you wanna trade my w58 for your r154 plus cash on my end LOL!

Ive had this r154 for a long time, I wanted to do a 1jz swap into my 240 about 3-4 years ago and picked it up while I was visiting friends in california. It really does not matter because there is no way im even ready to be swapping trannys yet ect. How hard are they to get? I got this one from R&D factory because I did not want to do the mods with the linkage and housing to fit. They told me that with this tranny its direct fit. If they are super easy to get ahold of you can come get this tranny this weekend and I will just get another down the road. If they are somewhat hard to get then Id prolly want to hold on to it.

and a gt40r and that swap does not sound right at all!! I bet the turbo was not even in its sweet spot. I bet somthing along the lines of fuel mods had an issue with turning the boost up. I bet it was on stock injectors or somthing. Ha

Dyno sheet or bullshit.