transmission issues

jeffro

so at the last track day i drove the hell out of the car. now whenever i go to shift into 3rd gear it grinds before going in. it doesnt matter if im going in at a high rpm or a low rpm, or going from 2nd to 3rd or 4th to 3rd. i was wondering if anyone could give me some useful into on what might be broken or where i could take the transmission to have it repaired. and what kind of costs im looking at. thanks guys

Guest Removed
you could also try and change fluid first as well as bleed the clutch.

fluid change dont fix synchro issues.:p the t-45 in these cars just suck period.

and if the clutch was hydraulic then bleeding might help, but since its only doing it in one gear, i dont think its clutch adjustment, otherwise i would have suggested a double hook quad and a firewall adjuster for the cable if it was doing it in all gears.

jeffro, call today or monday and leave a message with dana for me to call about your trans. he gave me a killer price on fixxing tylers, but he didnt want to fix it.:(

Guest fist302

You are not a true ford owner until you have blown a transmission or two.

Deff sounds like the third gear syncro. Its not worth trying to fix yourself unless you know what you are doing. If you can get the tranny out it wont be much to fix.

Guest Removed
question, how hard is it to fix a synchro myself?

these trans are rather easy to remove IMO. but are not fun or easy to tear down. and pulling all the gearsets apart take some specail tools and what not..

if you can pull the trans and bring it to me, a bench build is much cheaper and easyer on both of us. just plan on the car being down for a few days anyway you look at it