Arazona guns in bars law

dakotart

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Ohio will get around to this soon.

It's already here. It's not out of committee yet b/c there isn't a chairman. Once it's out of comittee it'll be able to be voted on. There will likely be no movement until September after congress's summer break. HB 203, call and write your representatives to vote for HB 203.

http://www.ohioccw.org/content/view/4298

Did you not hear about the 3 bars that got robbed late at night about a month ago?

West side I believe.

In the event that a bar gets robbed, give them what they want and no one gets hurt. But now, some guy gets pissed off at the Redwings fan next to him after he had a couple of beers, and BAM, someone gets shot.

Like the article said, you wouldnt want someone to drink and drive, but want someone to drink have a gun on him?

"Pair" vs Gun, "pair" always loses.

Thats exactly the problem too, people cant just settle things the old fashioned way. Any homo can pull a trigger

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, I enjoy guns just as much as the rest of you, but this is one thing that I do not think is a good idea at all.

In the event that a bar gets robbed, give them what they want and no one gets hurt. But now, some guy gets pissed off at the Redwings fan next to him after he had a couple of beers, and BAM, someone gets shot.

Like the article said, you wouldnt want someone to drink and drive, but want someone to drink have a gun on him?

I believe it would still be illegal to carry while intoxicated, But it wouldnt be illegal to carry if sober and in a BW3s. I trust anyone who can go through the steps to legally carry.

Thats exactly the problem too, people cant just settle things the old fashioned way. Any homo can pull a trigger

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, I enjoy guns just as much as the rest of you, but this is one thing that I do not think is a good idea at all.

But is everyone assumes everyone is carrying, there wont be any problems.

I believe it would still be illegal to carry while intoxicated, But it wouldnt be illegal to carry if sober and in a BW3s. I trust anyone who can go through the steps to legally carry.

I trust those people too, when they haven't been drinking. I can maybe say ok to Bdubs, since its restaurant like, but at a full fledge bar, people go for one reason, and that is to drink.

But is everyone assumes everyone is carrying, there wont be any problems.

Alcohol causes fights, the feeling of being invincible and logic doesnt play a part in the thinking process anymore.

I believe it would still be illegal to carry while intoxicated, But it wouldn't be illegal to carry if sober and in a BW3s. I trust anyone who can go through the steps to legally carry.

That's the way I see it also. I firmly believe that if you're going somewhere and intend to get hammered you need to leave the guns at home (and that's what I do) but also think that I should be allowed to carry into such an establishment if I choose, as long as I do so appropriately.

Additionally, I feel that if a person is concerned about their well-being enough to be carrying in any establishment, they probably shouldn't be making a better victim of themselves by getting drunk anyway.

okay what kind of place has class d liquor licenses, as Restaurants that serve alcohol is no big deal, but my opinion you are getting close to a dangerous situation if you allow to carry in a bar only type place. I would rather not have some idiot with a license do something retarded while drunk. Which in turn would give credibility to people opposed to ccw and people who are responsible not be able to carry anymore

You've got to be the dumbest person in this thread.

So, 100% of the time, when getting robbed, just give the robber what they want and you won't get hurt or killed? Yah, ok. Tell that to the countless victims who have died being mugged, burglarized, car jacked etc etc just so the robber didn't leave any witnesses. Or google Susanna Hupp video's and tell me that her parents, and all the people in the restuarant that day would have been OK if they would have just given the shooter what he wanted. Funny thing is, the shooter didn't want ANYTHING. He shot without reason. Without motive. Without wanting anything from the people. So smart guy, what should those people have given the shooter to stop him???

And the Redwings comment is nothing more than laughable conjecture. Oddly enough though, it's commonly the people who don't think anyone has self control with a gun who are the ones that lack the self control.

Here's a Duh! moment for you. Arizona isn't the first state to allow guns in bars. How many reports on the MSM (who you KNOW would love to embelish these kinds of stories) do you hear of John Q Public wasting the guy next to him because he didn't like the same team? Oh, none is it? You're just basing your statement on emotion and lack of logical reasoning huh? It's okay, all the sheep do.

As well. Your Drink/Drive vs Drink/Carry statement shows your lack of reasoning and rational thought process on the matter.

No, we don't want anyone to drink and drive, which is why its illegal if you're over the legal limit!. Under the limit and you're as legal as if you had zero alcohol in you. Same applies for drinking and carrying. Utah for instance. It's legal for me to drink and carry as long as I keep it under the legal limit. Which has been deemed an appropriate level to where my senses and reactions are not hindered. You try to make it sound like the instant you have a beer you are smashed beyond belief and will start shooting your gun into the crowd.

Better luck next time.

Grow a pair

I have a pair, but I actually like to be in charge of the safety of my family and I. I don't plan for a cop to be 10 feet from me the first time a guy tries to come in gunsablazin'.

I thought the bill in Ohio was a restaurant bill and not a bar bill?

bueler?

I believe Daniel from OFCC wrote it up as to say "any food establishment that serves alcohol", meaning if they sell peanuts at the bar, then you can carry there. Absolutely no drinking though.

So, 100% of the time, when getting robbed, just give the robber what they want and you won't get hurt or killed? Yah, ok. Tell that to the countless victims who have died being mugged, burglarized, car jacked etc etc just so the robber didn't leave any witnesses. Or google Susanna Hupp video's and tell me that her parents, and all the people in the restuarant that day would have been OK if they would have just given the shooter what he wanted. Funny thing is, the shooter didn't want ANYTHING. He shot without reason. Without motive. Without wanting anything from the people. So smart guy, what should those people have given the shooter to stop him???

And the Redwings comment is nothing more than laughable conjecture. Oddly enough though, it's commonly the people who don't think anyone has self control with a gun who are the ones that lack the self control.

Quoted for complete truth.

Ohio has 0 tolerence on drinking and carrying.

Meaning to carry you have to blow .000000

Man that's rough. Hard to hear of such a "limit". Though on the other hand, the only time I drink and carry is when at home, so usually, the gun is on the tv stand or something anyhow. Last time I was ever drunk though was New Years. So, its not hard to follow the rule. It's just hard to stomach such a law.

Edited by RangerTurbo

I think its all gravy to carry, but not in a straight up bar. I know alot of you might disagree, but thats my .02. I can just imagine an argument going from pushing to shoving to punching to anyone within firing range getting wasted. I dont care if you have had 1 or 15 beers, i dont think you should carry or drive. Everyone reacts differently to alcohol. I may be wrong, but its just my opinion.

Here's a Duh! moment for you. Arizona isn't the first state to allow guns in bars. How many reports on the MSM (who you KNOW would love to embelish these kinds of stories) do you hear of John Q Public wasting the guy next to him because he didn't like the same team? Oh, none is it? You're just basing your statement on emotion and lack of logical reasoning huh? It's okay, all the sheep do.

As well. Your Drink/Drive vs Drink/Carry statement shows your lack of reasoning and rational thought process on the matter.

No, we don't want anyone to drink and drive, which is why its illegal if you're over the legal limit!. Under the limit and you're as legal as if you had zero alcohol in you. Same applies for drinking and carrying. Utah for instance. It's legal for me to drink and carry as long as I keep it under the legal limit. Which has been deemed an appropriate level to where my senses and reactions are not hindered. You try to make it sound like the instant you have a beer you are smashed beyond belief and will start shooting your gun into the crowd.

Better luck next time.

Before you start telling me about people killing others in a carjacking, robbery etc, think about this. I was born and raised in the city with the highest crime rate in the WORLD. #1 in carjacking, and believe me, carrying a gun on you is not going to save you. They shoot first, and then take what they want. Where cars need to be equipped with anti hijacking equipment, aka flamethrowers and bullit proof glass. Thats the funny thing about being robbed, its unexpected.

In a bar, the best thing that can come from someone carrying a gun, is to prevent multiple killings, which is good, but honestly, how often does that happen? The chances of a bar fight breaking out, and then someone trying to prove his manhood pulls out a gun is a lot more likely.

Redwings example was a comical example, so I'm glad you found it laughable. But then you try to say that there are people who have no motive to kill, but then laugh at the fact that someone will kill based on emotion or no logical reason...hmmm...contradicting.

I never said I had a problem with sober people being able to carry. But its a fucking bar, and people drink and get drunk at a bar. Last thing I want to see is a gun on some drunk bastard at the bar.

So no, better luck to you chief

Edited by kickass