People are fucking idiots

Sam1647545489

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2009/06/25/anderson_suit.ART_ART_06-25-09_A10_5JE9FGQ.html

The warnings are printed on the back of the delivery paper you get as soon as the truck gets there plus since his wife died which had nothing to do with this, he gets 3.6 million. As an engineer you think he would be alot smarter then this. And to the only way he could of gotten burned that bad is if he was standing in it barefoot. I have done concrete for 15 yrs now and not once has my skin been burned. I have stuck my whole bare hand in concrete and nothing. I honestly think he knew what he was doin and did this on purpose.

I also was not aware that it could burn you, and I have had wet concrete on me before as well.

At first I was like yeah thats retarded, If i got burned from it I wouldnt sue. BUT it sounds like he got burned pretty bad if he had to be put in a medically induced coma. In that case maybe the warning should be a lot more clear on what it can do to you.

"the National Ready Mix Concrete Association that advise concrete companies to warn consumers about the hazards of the product, Anderson Concrete failed to issue any warnings.

The association also advises drivers not to deliver the product if the consumer isn't using proper equipment or clothing"

So it sounds like it shouldn't have been delivered in the first place. I dont think its as crazy as it sounds at first.

Heres the important part that I think you all are over looking...

Carter stood and knelt in the wet concrete for hours, unaware that the chemicals in the mix could cause burns to unprotected skin, his attorney said.

Given enough time, of course you'll get burned to the prolonged exposure... 15min and wiping, or washing it off wont harm you a bit.

meh....don't know what to think. I can see both sides. I also didn't know concrete mix would burn me, but then, I also wouldn't likely wouldn't kneel in it for hours either. Who knows.

That said though, given the fact that even my lawnmower manual says and show not to stick my hand under it while running to cover even the dumbest rocks on this earth, one would think that the concrete mix/company would provide some warnings or at least put the illness of one of their own workers to warn the guy if he indeed did witness him being reckless. Although I don't know what warnings or information is provided. I'm just going by the fact that a decision was made so evidently the notices that were provided are not deemed good enough.