94 Geo Prizm will not Start.

Stampede

The car has 120,000, timing belt changed at 92,000. It has spark, the injectors is getting voltage, fuel pump does run. Unknown pressure, CAN NOT Find the Valve to Check. Problems started when the belt AC shredded, the crank pulley moved. My friend sprayed the belts with WD40, there is a hole in the timing chain cover, right where he was spraying.

He is going to pull the crank pulley and valve cover, to check timing, here soon. Is it Possible the belt jumped time and How can I check fuel Pressure?????

Thanks.

Did the a/c belt shred b/c the a/c compressor is locked up?

If is possible that it jumped time, but I wouldn't think wd40 would do it since half of the idiots with DSM's and I6 cars run with the upper timing belt cover off so God knows what can fly in there.

You probably half to tap into the fuel system through a fuel line and run the pressure gauge inline with the fuel line. Using a T fitting of some sort.

Well I take it the thing cranks, does the injectors have pulse? You stated that they had voltage, the PCM should pulse the ground. You can tee into the fuel sytem with the right fittings, because some of those don't have shrader valves. If it jumped time it'll likely sound funny when cranking, kind of a fast smooth spin, but the only real way to check it is to take the cover off. As old as that car is the sending unit in the tank could have broke, double check the simple stuff and find out what fuel pressure is.

The injectors do pulse, we used the little lights that plug in to the injector harness, that flashes when cranking the engine. When it cranks it sounds fine, nothing adnormal, sometimes to it acts like to wants to start, then other times it doesn't. I'll see if I can come up with a way to check fuel pressure.

Don't ask about the WD40, I wasn't there for that.

Thanks.

Tried it, still doesn't start. I'm not sure the plugs were wet from fuel, or starting fluid, I tried the starting fluid first. Way the intake bends around, it seems hard for the starting fluid to reach the heads. I had the upper part of the intake off, to check to see if fuel is getting to the rail, which it is. But I can't till if pressure is bleeding off. When I had upper intake off I should have sprayed starting fluid down the intake so it could reach the heads, but I didn't. Also noticed the starting fuel had pooled at the bottom of a bend.

I'm going to "T" into the fuel line using an old fuel line with a shrader valve on it. Now do I tap in the inlet side of the fuel rail or the exit side?

Thanks.