Interest in 275 Drag Radial Class at NTR

mrtbolt64

Around the country the 275 drag radial is becoming popular for heads up events. I emailed NTR if they would be open to the idea of limited rules 275 radial class on friday nights. Maybe do an event once a month. The manager responded by asking me to come see him in October to get something going for 2010.

I know they tried to do the Boscoe/Holt shootout but it seems as if there is always a poor turn out for this. I think it would be neat to see a 275 class with rules something like 3200lbs, licensed, insured, mufflers, and limit of a 275 drag radial to run a 16 car field.

Racers have been in the 7.70 range on these tires, I doubt we would see anthing like that but probably more along the lines of 9 threw 11 second field.

Any thoughts if people would be interested??

It would be pretty easy to fit it in on a friday night. Your only talking about a 16 car field

eeeh not true. there are what 200 cars or so that run on fridays ? all the lanes are taken up. what woulld be the chance of gettin those 16 cars in the staging lanes just so they coudl run a small amount of cars threw ... i coudl see it on a wednesday as theres different classes they run threw but not on a friday when its just open runs.

i would actually be pissed if they ran a class on friday nights cause you alreaddy have to wait forever long to get a run in. an i sure as heck woudlnt want some class to get in front of me an not wait in line liek the otehr 200 cars have it

but like i said goodluck

• 2 weeks later...
I would be interested in getting involved in this. We used to put on street car races at MCIR back in 1999 and 2000.

I remember this, I use to hang out at larue alot. I remember my buddys supra going to this event and alot of the guys were amazed how fast it was.

Once a month Norwalk runs Friday Night Chaos, it was fun as hell to go up there and spectate and race. I see no reason Trails could not do something the same.

I ran in there Street Assasin class, even rules somewhat close to that would be fun.

http://www.norwalkraceway.com/norwalk-racing/heads-up-racing/

Milan has been toying with the idea of adding a 275 dr class.

The new record on a 275 radial is now a low 7.30 (I think 7.32) @ 194, a few weekends ago at RT 66. The guy was told he could run a 315 Mickey against the 10.5 outlaw cars. After he showed up and tech'd the car in, they told him no, so he threw a set of off the shelf 275-60-15 Et street radials and proceeded to whoop their asses.

Edited by Agent Orange

Around the country the 275 drag radial is becoming popular for heads up events. I emailed NTR if they would be open to the idea of limited rules 275 radial class on friday nights. Maybe do an event once a month. The manager responded by asking me to come see him in October to get something going for 2010.

I know they tried to do the Boscoe/Holt shootout but it seems as if there is always a poor turn out for this. I think it would be neat to see a 275 class with rules something like 3200lbs, licensed, insured, mufflers, and limit of a 275 drag radial to run a 16 car field.

Racers have been in the 7.70 range on these tires, I doubt we would see anthing like that but probably more along the lines of 9 threw 11 second field.

Any thoughts if people would be interested??

I'd be down for a 275 class. I think if the payout is there, you'll see this class be mid 8's in less than a year though. I've organized classes like this up here,and would be more than willing to give you a hand. Problem is that I won't be getting in state until November.

Just make it a 28" diameter or less class, alot more cars fit this criteria and the import guys can be included.

Bingo. More than 28 then on most cars it requires body modification. a 275 is a 28" tall tire. Anyhow forgot to mention that the track manager wanted to meet in october and discuss this for the 2010 season.

There needs to be something more going on out there than just test n tune and phuckin bracket racing

Radial tired cars need a little more weight to work properly. 3200 is actually fairly light in those classes most run 3300-3400. I've seen guys try and run at 3100 and under and they can't get the tires to hook well. This is coming from an nmra perspective so take that for what's it's worth.

My car should be done in time for this next year. However I will be around 3150 lbs. I would like to see the imports get included somehow. But honestly though how many import street cars are running in the 9sec range? I think 9 sec runs would be pretty common at least the first year. Like any others though the ET'S will start dropping fast. What we did in Marion was had a big tire class a small tire class and a motorcycle class. Other than doing a bracket race style, I dont see any other way to get everone included without a couple of classes at least. Or specific rules could be put in place and it would be heads up and run what ya brung.

My car should be done in time for this next year. However I will be around 3150 lbs. I would like to see the imports get included somehow. But honestly though how many import street cars are running in the 9sec range? I think 9 sec runs would be pretty common at least the first year. Like any others though the ET'S will start dropping fast. What we did in Marion was had a big tire class a small tire class and a motorcycle class. Other than doing a bracket race style, I dont see any other way to get everone included without a couple of classes at least. Or specific rules could be put in place and it would be heads up and run what ya brung.

There in itself lies the problem. Its to hard to include everyone and then keep a simple tech. For us it needs to be fun and competitive and trails is going to be looking for simplicity and profitability.

Trails now has a big tire and small tire class in the Boscoe/Holt shootout and its a joke because of low participation. It would be nice to see a group of people get together and try and support some form of this.

Edited by mrtbolt64

I am very interested in this im building a import now that will be used for drag racing and would be fun and have a competive class. I know the track is not the best but MCIR would prolly be up for it again, if we could get enough people for a few events in 2010. Another idea is at kilkare during there huge drift even they have, they have open drag racing, which is never that good. Maybe we can set somthing up to run a class during this event, which use to be about 1 per month or every other month.

I am very interested in this im building a import now that will be used for drag racing and would be fun and have a competive class. I know the track is not the best but MCIR would prolly be up for it again, if we could get enough people for a few events in 2010. Another idea is at kilkare during there huge drift even they have, they have open drag racing, which is never that good. Maybe we can set somthing up to run a class during this event, which use to be about 1 per month or every other month.

MCIR is Larue right? LOL My old man was just telling me about the old days there. Seems like a smaller track would be more receptive to this on a trial basis. The way I do it up here is to have everyone in lanes 5-6 for ex., then have the starter pull chips to decide who runs who. Makes it very simple.

MCIR is Larue right? LOL My old man was just telling me about the old days there. Seems like a smaller track would be more receptive to this on a trial basis. The way I do it up here is to have everyone in lanes 5-6 for ex., then have the starter pull chips to decide who runs who. Makes it very simple.

Thats the way most tracks do their bracket racing.