03 cobra problem

spooling 1g

Im helping a buddy change his rear wheel bearings in his 03 cobra,i tore everything apart to find his hubs where out of round no biggie we ordered new hubs from ford racing,pressed the new bearings in.The problem now is the wheel bearings are stock? 28 spline but his axles seem to be 33 spline.I looked on buckeye stangs and svtperformance to see if i could find anything about 33 spline axles and all i seen were 31....So my question is are they upgraded axles,who makes them,and where the hell do i get the bearings?

Guest tbutera2112

cobras came with 31 spline...you sure you counted it right? jegs sells 33 spline stuff for an 8.8 made by Strange, if you have 33 spline axles/diff you can try calling them about wheel bearings

also, moser makes 33 spline stuff...you can give them a call and ask about 33 spline wheel bearings...make sure you dont have 31 first though

Sounds like you got the wrong year hub. They had 28 spline in 99. Then changed over to the 31 spline in 01 and the 03/04 had 31 spline as well. Anyone one that makes the upgraded halfshafts make theirs 31 spline as well. There might be 33, but I haven't seen it.

Guest tbutera2112
everything we ordered was for a 03-04 and the guy at ford said 28 is stock?I counted the splines 3 times and even went over them with a marker to make sure i didnt miss any.I'll give jegs a call

03-04 gt is 28, cobra is 31...the guy at ford must not be very up on his parts

Guest Removed

better learn to count. they dont make 33 spline hubs!

the stage 6 axles use 31 spline hubs.(unless they have updated since the last time i did some)

better take some white finger nail paint, and paint a mark on every 10th tooth, and count them again.

the stage 6 axles use 31 spline hubs.(unless they have updated since the last time i did some)

better take some white finger nail paint, and paint a mark on every 10th tooth, and count them again.

His friend has the super new, no-one else has, one off, 33-spline shafts. Guy at ford must have had his head shoved up his ass too. This is why I hate going to parts stores that have people that know nothing. Some of the guys know enough, but most just fill space behind the counter.

Guest Removed
His friend has the super new, no-one else has, one off, 33-spline shafts. Guy at ford must have had his head shoved up his ass too. This is why I hate going to parts stores that have people that know nothing. Some of the guys know enough, but most just fill space behind the counter.

ah yes, the ever rare 33 spline axles that only come in solid axle cars;)

here count them for me and tell me what you come up with.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t257/spooling1g/0717091608a.jpg

Guest Removed

yeah thats a 33 spline hub. i called ford and they only show one hub for the rear and its 200 some bucks and they dont stock the damn thing. cant get it aftermarket either.

where did you get the replacement hub from?

the new hubs come from ford racing,new hubs we got are 28,the old hubs and the axels are the 33 spline...but either way 28 or 31 stock the 33's aint gonna work and just like you guys i cant find anything on them......do you think it's possible someone could have made themselves a bastard axle(make one out of two)and if so from what?i lost lol.