Brakes

4EYE3D

I need new brakes on the front of my '95 camry and was looking around but don't know whats a good brand. Im looking to spend around $150 on 2 Front rotors and 2 front pads and know that Autozone and Advance sell shit brakes in store. Whats a good website to buy brakes?

Actually Advance has started selling Wagner Thermoquiet brakes, this is what I use and install on customer's cars without issues. If you want something else Akebono that Gearhead sells is a good brake pad as well. As far as rotors go just buy something with a warranty, most are made overseas and are pretty hit or miss.

Guest Removed

dude, i can hook you up on what ever you need, and more then likely better pricing then most parts stores, and better stuff

i can get you wagners cheaper then advance can

yea got some brakes from advance got my tires off and my pads and rotors are fine. Turns out Toyota Camrys have a problem with the brake light being on and staying on. but the my Nissan that's at GearheadZ getting a clutch might need front brakes so ill call you guys about it before ii come to pick it up.

Guest Removed

most of them go bad...new is the only way i would go to replace it, cause its been updated several time's....i have dropped some new solder on the bad spot in them and they have worked for a while after that..but only way to know for sure is to check it...

should have stayed a bit longer today and let me check it...

hows that clutch feel now..lol

needs some rear shocks bad..lol

If you saw me when i left i was not ready for the clutch to engage so close to the floor unlike how it used to be almost all the way out to get into the friction zone. Yea the shocks are pretty bad but its funny to see my ass goin down the road at like 20 looking like i have some bumping ass hydrolics that wont stop. BTW you wouldnt happen to know if the nissan would have something similar because i was fucking around in the passenger boot and found a random power supply looking unit with 2 switches and 2 dials. googled it and nobody has any ckue what it is.

Edit: Forgot to ask while i was up there you guys sell any of those window stickers i saw on your cars?

Adaptive One is the best pad Napa has available, Akebono is essentially Brembo for all intensive purposes.

Napa's ultra premium, Brembo, Centric, and Zimmerman (for Porsche's and other high end European cars) is all we install rotor wise.

Guest Removed
If you saw me when i left i was not ready for the clutch to engage so close to the floor unlike how it used to be almost all the way out to get into the friction zone. Yea the shocks are pretty bad but its funny to see my ass goin down the road at like 20 looking like i have some bumping ass hydrolics that wont stop. BTW you wouldnt happen to know if the nissan would have something similar because i was fucking around in the passenger boot and found a random power supply looking unit with 2 switches and 2 dials. googled it and nobody has any ckue what it is.

Edit: Forgot to ask while i was up there you guys sell any of those window stickers i saw on your cars?

dude, i would have gave you stickers...next time just ask...

and i'll have to look

Adaptive One is the best pad Napa has available, Akebono is essentially Brembo for all intensive purposes.

Napa's ultra premium, Brembo, Centric, and Zimmerman (for Porsche's and other high end European cars) is all we install rotor wise.

maybe you better learn your brakes..Akebono dont sell rotors. they make brake pads and calipers..they mainly work on OEM stuff.

dude, i would have gave you stickers...next time just ask...

and i'll have to look

maybe you better learn your brakes..Akebono dont sell rotors. they make brake pads and calipers..they mainly work on OEM stuff.

Man there are so many companies out there and we don't consistantly put the same stuff on cars, we pick what's best for the car. Hard to keep them straight.

Guest Removed
Man there are so many companies out there and we don't consistantly put the same stuff on cars, we pick what's best for the car. Hard to keep them straight.

i know..turst you me..but 55% of the stuff coming out of detroit has akebono on it...

pretty much all gm's and fords these days..

and they do alot of euro stuff aswell

i know..turst you me..but 55% of the stuff coming out of detroit has akebono on it...

pretty much all gm's and fords these days..

and they do alot of euro stuff aswell

I know Akebono's were the factory fix for the Grand Cherokees brake issues as well....

Good to know.

you're buying brakes on a near 15 year old car----vatozone should be just fine. i had zero issues with the premium brake pads/rotors from advanced or autozone for daily driving applications on my grandprix, and nissan sentra. now if you plan on autocrossing your 1995 camry, disregard my post.