Another ticket thread

99FLHRCI

First off, I broke the law and got caught. I am prepared to face the penalty.

When the Deputy stopped me, I never was told what I was stopped for or being cited for. He simply asked for license and insurance, went to his vehicle, came back and told me to sign my citation and write my phone number. After I read the citation to see what speed he got me at and signed it, he then gave me the speech about the signature is not admission of guilt and to pay the ticket or go to court.

Now for the questions.

Here is the problems. He did not fill in ANY of the summons information. No court, no date, no time. How do I find out when/where to pay my ticket by or go to court?

He also did not sign or print his name, badge, cruiser or district number. He did not fill in my present address. He also did not mark if it was ORC, ORD, or T.P. code that he was citing me under. He even wrote that I was clocked using laZer. I would think he could take the time to actually write the whole ticket and also spell it correctly. He had already checked the box marked laser. He could have just copied the spelling from there.

I also only received a light green/blue copy of the ticket. No fine list, no envelope to send it to the court in, nothing at all. Is this because of cut backs due to the economy?

..... interesting. Well if you got pulled over in Franklin County, You can call down to the Franklin County clerk of courts at 375 S High and tell them you citation number and your name and they can give you your fine. There should of at least been your court date on there. I dont know who pulled you over or where so I can not speak for that agency on how there ticket is done or filled out.

You can take this to court and probably will win.

You will most likely pay more in legal fees than the ticket costs to pay, and it's more of a pain in the ass. Your call (to a lawyer).

Or he can take an hour to educate himself on vocabulary and represent himself in court. The cop either being dumb or lazy has given him perfect leverage. You don't need to pay a lawyer to speak a paragraph to the magistrate and walk out with court fees.

Long story short I was pulled over on 33 for no front plate and given a ticket, long story short he short tryed to short cut the same way, he used no lights, did not fill in the proper stuff on the ticket and it was dismissed. before even paying money you can talk to legal help and they will tell you if it has a chance or not.

i know if it was in pickerington at least they do not give you a envelope or anything you just go down to their office and pay it...

seemed pretty un professional to me that way because they give you a hand written recipt on this odd paper lol

It is not listed on the website and the court has no record of it. They told me my court date is either this Friday or next Friday and he doesn't have to turn it in until that day and my fine is also due the same day. The best they can tell me to do is to keep calling back.

It is not listed on the website and the court has no record of it. They told me my court date is either this Friday or next Friday and he doesn't have to turn it in until that day and my fine is also due the same day. The best they can tell me to do is to keep calling back.

BS. The ticket has to be filed immediately with his day's paperwork, and the clerk has to have it on file so you can have access to it while preparing a defense if you choose to fight it.

Take it to court. The judge will toss it. Ask to have court costs waived.

Afterwards, I'd give the nearest station a call and ask the Captain to review the ticket...

BS. The ticket has to be filed immediately with his day's paperwork, and the clerk has to have it on file so you can have access to it while preparing a defense if you choose to fight it.

Take it to court. The judge will toss it. Ask to have court costs waived.

Afterwards, I'd give the nearest station a call and ask the Captain to review the ticket...

+1

do you think the average working citizen has the time to 'keep calling back' to figure out a court date, or where to send the money, and how much to send if they don't plan on fighting it.