Brian @ Dynotune Motorsports FTW!!!

93fox

Wanted to give a HUGE thanks to Brian at Dynotune while I was up in Ohio getting my car tuned and all the trouble he went through to help me out. You will not find a more stand up and helpful guy like Brian. Ill give you a rundown of how things went....

We strapped the car to the dyno friday afternoon, after doing some pulls and some tuning, we noticed the car was puking some coolant after each pull, couldnt really figure it out that day, so we said we will mess with it saturday. Got there saturday morning and we were able to confirm that the motor had a blown headgasket after doing several hours of picking our brains and doing several tests. Sunday rolls around, Brian was curteous enough to not only help me tear the car down and put it all back together, but he also allowed me to do all of this is his own shop because I really didnt have the space or time to do it back at my moms house. When we were tearing it apart, we noticed that where the headgasket had blown into the waterpassage, the dow pin that goes from the head to the block was unusually taller than all the other dow pins. We are still not for sure if thats what caused the gasket to go, but it just seems kinda fishy that that is where the gasket blew.

Tuesday, we finish putting things together and it fired right up!! No problems what so ever, and it even sounded better/healthier, Brian obviously knows what he is doing. We decide to wait til wednesday to dyno it because he had a bike to do and he had really busted his ass putting the car back together. Wednesday suddenly appears, strap it to the dyno go to fire everything up and...............the computer that runs the dyno had suddenly crashed. Brian worked ALL DAY ( 12+ hours, till about 1130 that night) to back everything up on the computer and reload everything just to get it to read the dyno. Thursday, everything seems to be working and Brian gets to cranking on tuning the car. Keep in mind, this car has a mind of its own, ask anyone that visted the shop while I was up there. It would idle fine, rev fine, be under load fine, then just decide that it didnt want to work, AT ALL. Brian worked his magic and was able to get the car to run unbelivieably well. He was able to squeeze 488/516 out of a stock bottom ended, headed, and cammed motor!!!!!

Once again, a HUGE thanks and praise goes to Brian for going above and waaaaaaaaay beyond for helping me out in a real time crunch. I know it wasnt the best as far as timing goes, but I owe Brian BIG time and probably will be for the rest of my life lol. I will be spreading the word down here in florida about Brian and someday hopefully bring him future business from people down here. Brian will be the ONLY tuner to touch or tune ANY of my cars in the future. If you want a stand up tuner that is not afraid to bend over backwords and go to great lengths to help you out, Brian at Dynotune is the right choice. Thanks again!!

-Also wanted to say thanks to Mike(schmuck) for helping out during the whole process, it was greatly appreciated. Duff, for all the help he did with tearing it down and putting it all back together. Also, I think, Dkilbourne is his name on here, for the help and the fuel pressure regulator.

Edited by 93fox

Thats good stuff for sure, not too many places will bend over backwards and help you like that. That says a lot about Brian

Also, did you drive the full trip up and back in the 5.0? How many psi are you on now daily?

Thats good stuff for sure, not too many places will bend over backwards and help you like that. That says a lot about Brian

Also, did you drive the full trip up and back in the 5.0? How many psi are you on now daily?

Yes sir, daily driven as much as possible on 10psi.

That was me helping out with the regulator. Kind of nice to work on something with room under the hood again. Sounds like you guys figured it out and it is running well. Enjoy.

Awesome, I thought it was you. Anyway, thanks again for the help and the hookup on the regulator.