Google Spy, errr Google Latitude

Speed

Launched yesterday, Google Latitude transmits the user's location back to Google for display using the service's online maps.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/158975/spy_on_your_workers_with_google_latitude.html

What's the fascination with posting your whole life online ? :confused: I can see where a business could have an interest in keeping track of assets - but beyond that, it seems to0 big bother-like to me.

Launched yesterday, Google Latitude transmits the user's location back to Google for display using the service's online maps.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/158975/spy_on_your_workers_with_google_latitude.html

What's the fascination with posting your whole life online ? :confused: I can see where a business could have an interest in keeping track of assets - but beyond that, it seems to0 big bother-like to me.

Think concert or other large event. You're meeting up with your buddies. You can all share your locations on Latitude. Then instead of trying to find a meeting point or "do you see the big sign that says blah blah", you just fire up Latitude on your Blackberry, Palm, whatever and find them. Pretty sweet actually.

That's def cool, they've already got a GPS tracking app for the iPhone and I plan on setting it or this up for the cross country trip on the bike so the kids, and the female, can see where I'm at on our trip, although the kids will find it much more amusing than she will LOL. OR.net could also track out trip in real time too, that might be something cool!

OR.net could also track out trip in real time too, that might be something cool!

I've been playing around with that idea. I've got a "semi"-working version. We'll call it alpha. Once I have it to beta, I'll release it for everyone to try out.

I've been playing around with that idea. I've got a "semi"-working version. We'll call it alpha. Once I have it to beta, I'll release it for everyone to try out.

Now that would be cool!

I'd love it for my wife to be able to log onto the site and see where I are at any given moment on bike trips.

Gotta figure out a way to make all titty bars appear as "dead" zones though...

• 1 year later...

anything ever come out of this? I just got latitude on my droid.