Ebay sellers step in. v. shipping to canada

Ramsey

I have sold an item on ebay, charged for shipping(which i was quoted). When i shipped in the store the rate was a couple dollars higher(no biggie), then the item was shipped but the reciever is being asked to pay 70 bucks in tariffs?? I was never told about these possible fees, and never told the buyer.

Who is going to be responsible? what should i do? I have already called the international number for ups and they pretty much gave me 3 options.

1. receiver pays tariffs.

2. store pays, and reciever gets the item (then i pay the store)

3. Shipping store ask for return, then pays tariff, and return shipping cost, i then pay all of that to get my item back.

4. abandon, then international ups goes after the store, store goes after me.

The international store has already paid the tariff, so they will want their money.

Item was sold for 130 and is 199 brand new.

this is why i dont send international. goodluck man have you spoken with the buyer...mabey split the cost 50/50?

I sent him an email, i mean i check tracking numbers twice a day, so i sent him an email as soon as i saw it. Im not trying to fuck the guy, but i dont wanna pay the 70 bucks.

I always list my auctions with the ability to ship to Canada, but the buyer pays all fees.

To get around this, I fill out the shipping form with the item being a gift.

Yeah, i knew i should have stated that buyer pays any additional fees.

damn! I've sold and shipped an item to Australia and I used USPS it was only $35 shipping no other fee's, but it took over 3 weeks for the guy to get his item which he said it takes awhile to ship or recieve any item to/from the U.S.

I was selling battery hold down brackets last year for f-bodies. I used strictly usps because UPS charges way to much. I shipped probably 15-20 of them through usps and was blown away at their service and ship times. I shipped a couple to Arizona, Wash. state, and Cali and they were all there in 2-3 days using priority. Shipped 1 to Canada and it took a little longer but was cheap as hell compared to UPS. I would say give usps a try next time you ship something.

Guest Removed
That is what i have come to find out. He said it is the only way to not get fucked.

very true there..

ups will bend you both over the counter.

usps to canada!

btw when I shipped to Australia using USPS the sign above the counter said they use FedEx for the international shipping, but either way it was cheap, I used UPS once to ship to canada and once to Hawaii and both cost more than the package I sent to Australia