Speed Cameras (Heath)

zuht

So, I got a $100 photo ticket in the mail today for 47 in a 35. This was on one of those awesome 5-lane, 35mph stretches of road (the rest of the road outside of town is 50+). I know the stupid cameras are there so I am careful when I drive through Heath... which makes it all the more surprising. And on top of that, the violation was 3 weeks ago and they are just getting around to letting me know about it. Meh, I think it's time to start shopping on the other end of town.

Anyway, anyone been to "court" in Heath? If I request a hearing, can I expect them to play nice and reduce it to a non-moving violation or something?

• Downvote 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't get points added to your license since they can't say who was drivng the car. They just fine the owner of the vehichle. Not to be asshole but there is signs warning you that cameras are in use. Don't feel bad las month 4300 tickets were given out due to the damn things.

As for why it takes 3 weeks to get to you, a place in AZ is responsible for going through and mailing the tickets out. They keep 31 dollars per ticket up to a certain amount of tickets then it drops down to a smaller fee.

Dont worry they will be gone here soon. The petition got enough sigs that its going on the ballet to remove the cameras. I saw a funeral line all get snapped by em a few weeks ago.

My buddy works for city of heath and told me the FOP has a fun set up to help people pay the tickets. The FOP is against the cameras. Who needs cops when you have those fucking things doing the work. How many cops have you seen lately in Heath?

You don't get points added to your license since they can't say who was drivng the car. They just fine the owner of the vehichle.

Ah, I didn't notice that part the first time I read the notice. The rage must have blinded me.

Not to be asshole but there is signs warning you that cameras are in use.

Yeah, I know. I'm just surprised I was actually going that fast, because I make an effort to not overdo it in that area.

How many cops have you seen lately in Heath?

Quite a few. Although, all they seem interested in doing is sitting on their asses in shopping center parking lots.

Ah, I didn't notice that part the first time I read the notice. The rage must have blinded me.

Yeah, I know. I'm just surprised I was actually going that fast, because I make an effort to not overdo it in that area.

Quite a few. Although, all they seem interested in doing is sitting on their asses in shopping center parking lots.

Haha every night there is 2-3 behind best buy

Guest tbutera2112
are these only in heath? ive never seen them there and i was out that way about 2 months ago...i know the 35 zone everyones talking about

just go 35?

the cameras work there hasn't been a single accident at the intersection in front of work since they put the red light camera in about a year ago

you get the points unless you tell them somebody else was driving and the other person accepts guilt and pays the fine at least thats how it works downtown when you run a red light

i was told they take a pic of the driver, and of the plate. so they got ya there. i was also woundering about the flash at NIGHT! would the flash blind the shit out of ya? kinda a safety issue is it not? hell, ill just stay on my part of town. fuck heath! alltho, they will have them in newark on 21st soon enough i bet............

Guest tbutera2112

you get the points unless you tell them somebody else was driving and the other person accepts guilt and pays the fine at least thats how it works downtown when you run a red light

you sure? i know plenty of peopel who have gotten red light tickets from those cameras and never gotten points...its just a mail in fine

Don't pay that ticket. None of you should. By paying that ticket you give up your constitutional rights and are acting like a rug. It is your right to confront your accuser or eye witness for the alleged violation. What is the camera going to say to you? If your credit is good enough a measly ticket is not going to ruin your future.

And to all you police on this board that might disagree with my opinion - sit and twist - you rat, mole fucks.

Don't pay that ticket. None of you should. By paying that ticket you give up your constitutional rights and are acting like a rug. It is your right to confront your accuser or eye witness for the alleged violation. What is the camera going to say to you? If your credit is good enough a measly ticket is not going to ruin your future.

And to all you police on this board that might disagree with my opinion - sit and twist - you rat, mole fucks.

this made me laugh.....

i was told they take a pic of the driver, and of the plate. so they got ya there.

There are only photos of the rear on the citation, dunno about Columbus though.

I'm confused, why not just go the speed limit?

Let's see, the description of this forum is:

"Been caught breaking the speed limit? Know of any speed traps? Post them here to let fellow CR members avoid paying the State of Ohio more than they already do."

So maybe if you have a problem with people doing so, you should delete the forum it instead of trolling.

"Been caught breaking the speed limit? Know of any speed traps? Post them here to let fellow CR members avoid paying the State of Ohio more than they already do."

So maybe if you have a problem with people doing so, you should delete the forum it instead of trolling.

Ha, chill out. I was simply asking why, if there are warning signs, would one speed? There are red light cameras all over downtown. When I see a sign for one, I don't run the red light (not that I would anyway).

you are aware this it the guy who practically builds this site right? i can see now why you got caught an got a ticket :gtfo:

oh an want to talk about trolling ...you post every few weeks(usually ina for sale thread go figure) ... just saying

Let me clear some things up. They do not take a picture of the driver. You will get a paper that has 3 shots of your car. 1 is a upclose pic of your plate. The other 2 are of your car itself, one pic is a overhead view of your car, the other is from a rear angle on passenger side. Ex gf just got hers in mail. It shows you the speed you were traveling, the date and time. On a funny note they marked her Scion TC as a Toyota HB.

As for Mopar I expect many flashing bulbs. People get stuck in middle of intersections and there is def speeding going on that night. As for how many of those ppl get tix now thats another story. Each ticket is reviewed before being issued so I'm sure not everyone is going to get shafted.

I kinda like them personally. I used to speed through Heath cause I would just keep eye out for cops. Now I cruise through there cause of those damn cameras. Its pretty simple don't speed...don't get picture in mail. There is signs posted 100ft+ before you reach them stating they are in use.

Oh and for the flash at night, that shit is bright as fuck