Raceable street car or Streetable racecar?

Cordell

10.5w's and its mini tubbed...they do the same thing on f bodys to run big 10.5 none w's...just cant run a 30" tall tire as easy, tucked like i can.:D

and when my car comes out it will have radials on it. 315/65/15 DR's in the rear, and 165/15 in the front (which derek needs to find for me damn it)

yes it will be loud and shit, lope like a mofo, and stink like c-16....but thats what i loved about old school muscle cars , and thats what i want. hence the old school theme going in it.

and of course you can drive it, then you will want to BB that fail body :p

Well you know at the rate we're going, our cars will be ready to face off about the same time. You'll get to see my take on a racecar for the streets. Seeing as how i want to argue with anyone telling to stick with the way it is, I guess I'm just kidding myself. Lean and mean streetable racecar is going to be the new focus, then you'll want an LSx :p

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It took 2 years to get the kinks out of my car but now its to the point where it can be driven to the track and run 10's with ease. I was thinking about building a 6L block over the winter but the car is running so good that I'm going to wait. Just do a lot of research on what manufacturers parts compliment others, fight through the frustrating issues that will show up, and enjoy it for years.

BTW, Anthony's car is not too loud. You should hear some of these big foot looking trucks out here in Hilliard... now those damn things are loud!!!

you never did answer my question about which spintech mufflers :p

Fuck if I know :p

It took 2 years to get the kinks out of my car but now its to the point where it can be driven to the track and run 10's with ease. I was thinking about building a 6L block over the winter but the car is running so good that I'm going to wait. Just do a lot of research on what manufacturers parts compliment others, fight through the frustrating issues that will show up, and enjoy it for years.

That's why I'm only doing a forged 347 this winter. Guys build them into the 8s all day, so trying to hit 9s should be fairly simple once I get the D1 and suspension dialed in.

That's why I'm only doing a forged 347 this winter. Guys build them into the 8s all day, so trying to hit 9s should be fairly simple once I get the D1 and suspension dialed in.

9's... Easily with a D1 and a good tune.

No offense Brian but I built my car and have worked all the bugs out already with what's in the car. I also know exactly what it's take to run 10s, I could do it one of 2 ways. I could either buy a dedicated fuel system and spray it there, or buy a converter and make a couple tweeks to the rear suspension and get there. I just see you doing something very similar and I already have the forged iron block so i think I'm ready to push it again. This time I think I'll explode something or break some suspension parts. The engine should hold up and I won't get carried away with that again. I won't be happy until I scatter a tranny or rear end this time.

No offense Brian but I built my car and have worked all the bugs out already with what's in the car. I also know exactly what it's take to run 10s, I could do it one of 2 ways. I could either buy a dedicated fuel system and spray it there, or buy a converter and make a couple tweeks to the rear suspension and get there. I just see you doing something very similar and I already have the forged iron block so i think I'm ready to push it again. This time I think I'll explode something or break some suspension parts. The engine should hold up and I won't get carried away with that again. I won't be happy until I scatter a tranny or rear end this time.

What kind of tranny and rear do you have in the car?

Guest Removed
yeah and? you never got yours back together so what's the difference?

i dont care to have it back together? like i can drive it around with all the bs and street racing bullshit they are trying to come down on?

Gay admin love and LSX talk... now this thread is going places!

:eek:

with total offense but, you have a rearend you cant keep together and the trans may or may not hold..and you have a junk converter, and are having fuel system issues, so what where you saying about having all the bug worked out? im calling :bs:

I have a built 4l60e and a 10 bolt with a locker in it. I'm already planning on a 9 inch so we'll see this 10 bolt scatter sooner or later.

Hopefully they last. My rear and tranny ended up being "bugs" and caused me to miss 2 track days.

with total offense but, you have a rearend you cant keep together and the trans may or may not hold..and you have a junk converter, and are having fuel system issues, so what where you saying about having all the bug worked out? im calling :bs:

The car runs, drives, and is ready for the track as far as I'm concerned. Now if by bugs you mean an incorrect converter for my combo, and weak parts then okay fine that's most cars. It drives really well, no bucking, stalling, or hiccups and i drove it to dragway 42 beat on it and drove it home. Everyone has ways to make their car perform better, I wouldn't call that a bug.

Hopefully they last. My rear and tranny ended up being "bugs" and caused me to mis 2 track days.

Well I know they won't last forever, and it'll take time to replace them, but I can't live with myself to leave anything on the table. You can't go faster until you find out whats holding you back. You guys may not agree with my aproach but thats just how I look at it.

So is this still an opinion thread? or have you figured it out?

I personally like it more when a car appears 100% stock. Full interior, stock exterior etc. I would even consider swapping back the stock hood. Just my opinion though.

I love the color of your car though. Not too many white F-bodies, and yours is a very clean one at that.

Well I know they won't last forever, and it'll take time to replace them, but I can't live with myself to leave anything on the table. You can't go faster until you find out whats holding you back. You guys may not agree with my aproach but thats just how I look at it.

I agree.. I couldnt call them issues until they became issues. If they hold then its not an issue.

So is this still an opinion thread? or have you figured it out?

I personally like it more when a car appears 100% stock. Full interior, stock exterior etc. I would even consider swapping back the stock hood. Just my opinion though.

I love the color of your car though. Not too many white F-bodies, and yours is a very clean one at that.

Thanks, the stock hood got ruined by a deer and I like this one better. I agree with you on the stock looking part but I do like suttle changes.

This is very much still an opinion thread, so go ahead and give it to me.

Guest Removed

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/EWhytsell/Drag%20Way%2042%206-27-09/IMG_0780web.jpg

bawahahahahahahahahaha!

peons seem to make him sleepy!

Thanks, the stock hood got ruined by a deer and I like this one better. I agree with you on the stock looking part but I do like suttle changes.

This is very much still an opinion thread, so go ahead and give it to me.

Would you consider going all out but still keeping the interior? That way you can have the best of both worlds; if you get the car EXACTLY how you want it by going all out, aiming for 9 second car, and miss your mark, you then have the option of removing weight to achieve your goal.

Just thinking out loud to give you the most options. I don't think there is anything to be lost by keeping the interior and everything in tact until after you have the engine set up the way you want it.

Would you consider going all out but still keeping the interior? That way you can have the best of both worlds; if you get the car EXACTLY how you want it by going all out, aiming for 9 second car, and miss your mark, you then have the option of removing weight to achieve your goal.

Just thinking out loud to give you the most options. I don't think there is anything to be lost by keeping the interior and everything in tact until after you have the engine set up the way you want it.

I'm thinking more of a lightweight carpet with dash, doorpanels, and console still in place. No backseat, and racing buckets with a cage and 5 point harness. I can't stand to look into a car and see nothing but a seat and steering wheel.

Its hard deciding which direction to go with your own car. I am having a hard time figuring out which front end I like, and that in turn will determine the entire "look" of my car. Its fun, but frustrating. Good luck, and give me a shout if you ever need any help.

Guest Removed
I'm thinking more of a lightweight carpet with dash, doorpanels, and console still in place. No backseat, and racing buckets with a cage and 5 point harness. I can't stand to look into a car and see nothing but a seat and steering wheel.

plus 1 on that..this is how im doing mine....

but with no heat or a/c..just leaving the power windows, and i may add a radio, but i rather listen to the motor. but thats just me