Raceable street car or Streetable racecar?

Cordell

plus 1 on that..this is how im doing mine....

but with no heat or a/c..just leaving the power windows, and i may add a radio, but i rather listen to the motor. but thats just me

I'm tempted about the heat, but the A/C has got to go. Fuck fixing it, bet the dryer is full of moisture now.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
I'm tempted about the heat, but the A/C has got to go. Fuck fixing it, bet the dryer is full of moisture now.

well that a easy fix, when under a vacuum, start the engine and close the hood. you can boil it all out in about a 30 minute suck down..i always do this when a system has been open more then a few hours :D

I'm fine with my exhaust, it's not nearly as loud inside the car. My car has very well manners.

Couple of tenths my ass, Derek :p

fuck that I was driving your car through downtown and I sounded like I was murdering kittens the whole time...then merge on the highway, hit the gas , and you can't even tell if the tires are spinning cause the racket of the exhaust... and lastly dickface.. take our last track day and avg our runs out...i made 8 11.8-11.36 passes..you go 10, 12, 17,10,17,15 ...so yeah... tenths

Guest tbutera2112

fuck you all...except rob, his shit doesnt run either...i miss my car :(

im going for streetable racecar with mine... leaving my power windows and my heat, dash, carpet, seats...rear seat delete...so its going to look semi decent inside...cup holders are gonna have a shifter coming through them though lol

eventually down the road i want to have the car tubbed and i want to switch to a full fiberglass one-piece front end, 557 stroker, with a very large shot of spray or a big single...idc if it gets 5mpg, it wont get driven very often...trailered to the track, raced, trailered home...only street duty will be driving to meets, no street racing

Guest Removed
fuck that I was driving your car through downtown and I sounded like I was murdering kittens the whole time...then merge on the highway, hit the gas , and you can't even tell if the tires are spinning cause the racket of the exhaust... and lastly dickface.. take our last track day and avg our runs out...i made 8 11.8-11.36 passes..you go 10, 12, 17,10,17,15 ...so yeah... tenths

lmao

+1

+2

Part of the reason I stopped on mine was because it was getting too much "drag" and not enough "street". Hell, I'm at the poin tnow where I might make it more streetable even if I lose a second at the track or so. I'd rather drive it than drag it so why ruin the car.

I'm (respectfully) going to go with an opposing viewpoint here, so brace yourselves:

Streetcars fucking suck

Go balls out, build a race car, and race it. Take it to the track, enjoy it, and then take it home and park it.

The whole fast street car thing is a giant, never ending compromise. Most of the time you're listening to your motor because you can't hear anything else, breathing your smelly exhaust, and stuck behind some fat old guy's SUV in traffic with no A/C.

Then, if you ever get an open stretch of road, or by some miracle actually line up with another car worth racing (even when you're only in the 12's they are few and far between out on the street), you have decide its worth the risk to go for it. These days it's only getting riskier.

Let's go further out on a limb and say you pull of a clean W.O.T. run or a good race without getting busted or wrecking. In my experience you get about 5 seconds of quality W.O.T. entertainment for every ten hours you drive around getting 6-12 mpg. The unfortunate reality is driving a fast car on the street sucks 99.99% of the time.

You're much better off getting a nice comfortable DD, preferably one that can pull a trailer with your race car on it, and have the best of both worlds. A comfortable, practical DD and a race car. Keep the race car registered if you wanna pull it out for meets or cruise ins every now and then, but otherwise leave it at home. No worries about getting hit by some dumbass (they're plentiful!) and ruining years worth of hard work or a ton of money.

I tried having a race car on the street, I thought it would be awesome, it sucked. I thought I would get all sorts of sweet races, I didn't. The only attention I got was from the police and other 16-25 year old dudes. I've been pulled over, I've been arrested, it really sucked, and I got off easy. I'm not even going to go into the whole what if you wreck thing. This board knows about that well enough already. If you've got the money, make it a race car and get a nice DD as well. Anything else is just going to be frustrating.

just my $.02!

/flamesuit on

Screw giving a shit about how fast it is, I went out driving it tonight, loved the sound, loved how well it drove. Hated not having my A/C working, damn door speakers are blown. Car looks great the way it is, it makes me happy. I've decided that I'm done racing it except for rare occasions at the TRACK!! So while I love going fast, I can't afford it, every extra dime I've had for the past few years has gone into this car. Time to focus on something else, who wants to buy nitrous?

Guest Removed
Screw giving a shit about how fast it is, I went out driving it tonight, loved the sound, loved how well it drove. Hated not having my A/C working, damn door speakers are blown. Car looks great the way it is, it makes me happy. I've decided that I'm done racing it except for rare occasions at the TRACK!! So while I love going fast, I can't afford it, every extra dime I've had for the past few years has gone into this car. Time to focus on something else, who wants to buy nitrous?

price?

Same here. Got tied up too much into making it faster than I never drive the car. Now i'm about to do a 180 and make it slower so I can drive it more.

I enjoyed riding behind you last night on Broad until you hit the Sunoco. Your car sounds bad fucking ass and looks just as good.

so want to get your rematch race in with me tonight.... ?