New guy

suprasonic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.... Thats my old car! I owned it for 3 years did all the work on the car except the cam gears (ips). I sold it when the 5-6 cylinders went to 140 psi. I sold it to Denny Dotson and they sold it to Doug in Mt. Vernon. Doug put a new short block in it. When I sold that car, there was not a scratch, nick, dent in that body. The interior was nearly perfect. The last time I seen the car it needed dent wizard and the front half the car repainted.

Good luck with the car! I think I still have some parts for it in my garage. And a set of keys for it. What your address?

I have the dyno sheets too.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=198

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=199

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=130

lol.... Thats my old car! I owned it for 3 years did all the work on the car except the cam gears (ips). I sold it when the 5-6 cylinders went to 140 psi. I sold it to Denny Dotson and they sold it to Doug in Mt. Vernon. Doug put a new short block in it. When I sold that car, there was not a scratch, nick, dent in that body. The interior was nearly perfect. The last time I seen the car it needed dent wizard and the front half the car repainted.

Good luck with the car! I think I still have some parts for it in my garage. And a set of keys for it. What your address?

I have the dyno sheets too.

thats insane!!! it worries me that you say it needed dent wizard and repainting because it definitely doesn't need it now, how long ago was this assessment? I was told it still has the original paint, all the body part numbers match.

I have to say though, i'm not sure if it was doug or maybe denny but the car needs a lot of work now. It has a very solid structure, the body is in great shape, I just got some oem touch-up paint and have been touching up some minuscule rock chips and such but otherwise it looks amazing after a wax.

however, it's a shame he didnt take as good care of it as you, even after the shortblock was done it still smokes, he didnt take the time to get the head done and now I have a water pump and some other shit to do to the head. the coilovers are also fubar, the clutch engages very harshly (hot spotted disc, maybe warped pressure plate) and the front rotors are almost completely done for. I would've hoped for someone to be a little better of a supra owner but this is also my dream car so giving it the love it needs is no problem for me.

sorry to keep making this post longer but i have a lot of questions, what made the bottom end go bad? also would you have any idea why my injectors are at 100% cycle with a measly 16psi? I had it dyno tuned and they actually had to lower the boost down from 19 because past 16 it was leaning out. I guess this could have something to do with the head gasket going on its way out, but I'm not entirely sure. It still has oem fueling.

what parts for it do you still have? I would LOVE an extra pair of keys if there would be anyway I could score them off of you. I live right around where king ave meets high street, a few minutes from osu campus.

oh yea! it's all coming to me now, I had a folder of the maintenance done on the car and kept seeing receipts for a chiropractics office. is there anything else worth knowing that you could tell me about it? very interested

thanks!

or me.

what parts for it do you still have? I would LOVE an extra pair of keys if there would be anyway I could score them off of you. I live right around where king ave meets high street, a few minutes from osu campus.

thanks!

u may want to edit this out due to the fact he has a set of keys to your car. that just sounds a little odd. lol

thats insane!!! it worries me that you say it needed dent wizard and repainting because it definitely doesn't need it now, how long ago was this assessment? I was told it still has the original paint, all the body part numbers match.

I have to say though, i'm not sure if it was doug or maybe denny but the car needs a lot of work now. It has a very solid structure, the body is in great shape, I just got some oem touch-up paint and have been touching up some minuscule rock chips and such but otherwise it looks amazing after a wax.

however, it's a shame he didnt take as good care of it as you, even after the shortblock was done it still smokes, he didnt take the time to get the head done and now I have a water pump and some other shit to do to the head. the coilovers are also fubar, the clutch engages very harshly (hot spotted disc, maybe warped pressure plate) and the front rotors are almost completely done for. I would've hoped for someone to be a little better of a supra owner but this is also my dream car so giving it the love it needs is no problem for me.

sorry to keep making this post longer but i have a lot of questions, what made the bottom end go bad? also would you have any idea why my injectors are at 100% cycle with a measly 16psi? I had it dyno tuned and they actually had to lower the boost down from 19 because past 16 it was leaning out. I guess this could have something to do with the head gasket going on its way out, but I'm not entirely sure. It still has oem fueling.

oh yea! it's all coming to me now, I had a folder of the maintenance done on the car and kept seeing receipts for a chiropractics office. is there anything else worth knowing that you could tell me about it? very interested

thanks!

PM'ed