New exhaust for the notch

Jimmy Notchback

So my buddy in Iowa is selling his notchback and traded me his exhaust which consists of bbk full length ceramic coated headers, dr. gas x-pipe, and flowmasters which I'll be getting rid of next week for a new set of borlas. I had basically the same exhaust minus the full lengths. It was my first full length install and went well excluding the annoying part of jacking up the motor and trying to get the bastards to slide in place.

I got it done tonight and started the car up, it sounded amazing and I couldn't wait to go blow the tires off. I went to turn the wheel and it wouldn't move smoothly. My car is lowered and has steering rack offset bushings which is not leaving enough clearance for the steering shaft.

Now I have to pull the driver's side and make a small hillbilly dent in the header for clearance....damn it all to hell.

end rant

Guest Removed

damn headers... drop the steering shaft down some and it mounting point closest to the firewall, that might gain the extra room you need, but i cant tell, cause im not looking at it..

i hate beating on headers

Guest Removed

no, im talking about the column wher it mounts to the under dash area...

here

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/mustang/000_0019.jpg

i had to space mine down, for better header fitment..but still had to bang on $900 headers...fucking gay