clutch in my fox v. any tips?

Ramsey

I am starting the clutch install my mustang today and need to know of a tips or tricks to make the job go easier. Also, i will be doing to the rear main seal, any tips or instructions on that would be great.

TIA.

if you have an extra drive shaft take the front youke off and shove it up in the trans and wire or tape in in there good or you'll takae a bath in tranny fluid

if your working alone seperate the trans from the bellhousing first it makes it eaier to handle and much easier to get to all the bolts

if you have an extra drive shaft take the front youke off and shove it up in the trans and wire or tape in in there good or you'll takae a bath in tranny fluid

if your working alone seperate the trans from the bellhousing first it makes it eaier to handle and much easier to get to all the bolts

what dave says.

Guest Removed

drain the trans, and fill it with fresh fluid instead of trying to save old worn out fluid ..

have the flywheel turned.

put lock tight on the drive shaft bolts and flywheel bolts when going back together

Thanks

what dave says.

word

drain the trans, and fill it with fresh fluid instead of trying to save old worn out fluid ..

have the flywheel turned.

put lock tight on the drive shaft bolts and flywheel bolts when going back together

I have a freshly turned flywheel going in, and the fluid prolly only has 20k on it??

Thanks

word

I have a freshly turned flywheel going in, and the fluid prolly only has 20k on it??

Put new fluid in anyway. It can't hurt anything. All of the recommendations from Rob are spot on. Just remember that a T-5 is the easiest/lightest transmission to take out and put back in. Hopefully you have air tools to get the flywheel bolts off, or you'll have someone on the crank bolt holding the thing in one spot. Also, blow proof bellhousing will save your legs/feet.

Put new fluid in anyway. It can't hurt anything. All of the recommendations from Rob are spot on. Just remember that a T-5 is the easiest/lightest transmission to take out and put back in. Hopefully you have air tools to get the flywheel bolts off, or you'll have someone on the crank bolt holding the thing in one spot. Also, blow proof bellhousing will save your legs/feet.

What fluid should i use? And yea, i have air tools.

keep everything super clean as well

Like spray everything down with carb/brake cleaner?