Do Job Sites Really work?

wagner

im actually in the middle of a search myself. seems like online job hunting does not yield the same result as hitting the pavement, however i have gotten a few interviews and a few calls from companies looking to fill positions that found my resume on these sites. i guess what i am saying is they are a good addition resource but i would not depend on them solely to find a new job.

im actually in the middle of a search myself. seems like online job hunting does not yield the same result as hitting the pavement, however i have gotten a few interviews and a few calls from companies looking to fill positions that found my resume on these sites. i guess what i am saying is they are a good addition resource but i would not depend on them solely to find a new job.

I have mine up on Careerbuilder, Monster and Cleveland.com. I mainly get calls from recruiters whenever I update my resume on there. My current job I am at found my resume on Monster. I am looking at moving at the moment and have applied to a bunch of jobs on Monster and Careerbuilder, I have been lucky to get one call back in the past month and a half from the jobs I applied for :(

Jobs I have had in the past.

Huntington Banks , network admin - Knew someone there

UUNET/WorldCom/MCI , Internet Engineer - Knew someone there

ODJFS , supervisor - Knew someone there

Qwest , Team Lead - found it on their site

Verizon Business , Internet Engineer - Knew someone there

Aruba Wireless Networks , Trainer - Knew someone there

Blue Coat, Sr SE - Knew someone there

I have never found a job on a jobsite, I have been called for a few but almost 100% of them have been short term contracts.

What kind of job, maybe I can offer some advice.

Is she trying to break into the big money field of Social Services, or does she want something else? I have friends that are social workers and they are some of the most depressed people I know.

Anywho.

Has she looked at the ODJFS jobsite?

Also, finding a temp job in a big company is a great way to go. If you will notice my job history I knew someone at almost every job. Temping gets you on the path to knowing people.

Or craigslist

http://columbus.craigslist.org/hum/1299288287.html

Is she trying to break into the big money field of Social Services, or does she want something else? I have friends that are social workers and they are some of the most depressed people I know.

Anywho.

Has she looked at the ODJFS jobsite?

Also, finding a temp job in a big company is a great way to go. If you will notice my job history I knew someone at almost every job. Temping gets you on the path to knowing people.

Or craigslist

http://columbus.craigslist.org/hum/1299288287.html

I need a new job. Hook me up ;)

the only way i have ever gotten an interview is by knowing someone within the company. Sucks, but its the truth

This is the case for me and I have tried to explain this to her as well.

Anybody got the hook up lol? I need her to get a job so I can try and make my car not slow...

I"ve gotten both of my jobs through online career sites, I was with Loreal for a year, and I've been with Teva for about three.

In my opinion they work very well and are a great resource if you dont know anyone to help you get your foot in the door.

I've have had people contact me from my resume in Monster that I had to remove it since I was tired of the job offers. Other then that the websites don't work often. You need to go out there and apply in person. That has always worked for me. Just use the webpages as a start, give them a call if you see something you want to apply and do it in person.