another rookie

ericsarge

Hello all. My name is Eric, and i drive a stupidly-slow 97 jetta gt. Go ahead and tell me how many ways you would kill me on any type of track...I wont argue. She's obease and under powered. I'd love to buy something new to start with, but wouldnt we all. I hope to put some money into it...just graduated college so i should have some to play with soon. When i bought it, it screamed "potential" to me, so i couldnt turn it down. That's the way most money vampire projects start anyway. I was told about CR by a friend. He said it's a cool place and that there are people on here that know pretty much everything about cars. Sounds like my kind of thing. I could use the help and someone could use the business.

I expect to be cooked pretty good since i drive an import, but i'm used to it. VW's for life. I couldnt afford most of the cars some of you drive, though they are pretty damn nice. I'll post pics of the turd after i bathe her. Stew in anticipation.

• Upvote 1

2.slow - nice. I've been lookin for something faster to drop in it; might as well start with the right powerplant. at least it's a 5-speed. i was hoping to find some other vw fans, because i'm not really sure which way to go with it. it should be a fun project car though. and im not sure of his username i l brian c. not brian either...gettin fresh so soon. buy me a drink first. haha.
  • Upvote 1

I would do a VR6 -T Swap as well. The sky is the limit on power for them when built right, and it has been done many times. Check out ohiovw.com and vwvortex.com to get some more VW specific swap info.

There are only a handful of VW guys here, and we all either have a MKIV GLI or MKV GTI.

Welcome

thanks for the advice guys! ive actually already sent out feelers for the vr6t, seems like thats going to be a pretty penny, but, like you said, the power appears to be limitless. i think the first step will be suspension and brakes. ive riddin in massive trucks that have less body roll. haha. i have already found some sweet forums, but thanks for the info!

Dude...in all honesty...don't mod your car. Unless you have the money from the start to go with this VR-T swap, just save up and get another car. Get a VR6 to begin with, or a GTI, or whatever makes you splooge at night. Don't go the Honda Civic route with your VDub...for the love of God PLEASE.

PS...I've been drinking.

Dude...in all honesty...don't mod your car. Unless you have the money from the start to go with this VR-T swap, just save up and get another car. Get a VR6 to begin with, or a GTI, or whatever makes you splooge at night. Don't go the Honda Civic route with your VDub...for the love of God PLEASE.

PS...I've been drinking.

BUT SERIOUSLY GET SOMETHING WITH AN LS MOTOR!

HAHAHAHA i fixed that for ya........