Mopar weekend + Heath/Newark Rt.79

mrtbolt64

Good god I could not believe all the people in Newark/Heath standing along side of the road. This was the 1st time we had went up there and in past years went to Brice road which I heard was dead.

I just cant get over the crowd. Is it like this for every weekend event such as Ford weekend and such?

Is it like this for every weekend event such as Ford weekend and such?

Nope, just Mopar. I try to explain to people the scene, but you don't get it until you see it yourself.

Random big tittied girl, "Do a burnout; I know your truck has some balls!"

Me, "Lift your shirt; I know you're hiding some tits."

Nope, just Mopar. I try to explain to people the scene, but you don't get it until you see it yourself.

Results??????

Heath was more packed this year than ever it was nuts I drove down twice and that was it, couldn't find a place to park and took too long to make a lap. But had a blast can't wait till next year, saw some of your locals cruising.

+rep for making beer come out my nose!

Myself, Doc, Alex, TripleSkate, and Tru Dat were up there last night at around 8pm. It was jam-packed with nice Chryslers and a bunch of fucking rice. Took forever to get parking spaces. Where we were standing outside Best Buy, this cross-breaded Civic driver kept doing a bunch of burnouts, then pulled a case of water out of his trunk and attempted to get every car to do a goddamn burnout. Thankfully we moved to DQ and it was much better.

Very cool event though. I'll be going up there again next year.

Myself, Doc, Alex, TripleSkate, and Tru Dat were up there last night at around 8pm. It was jam-packed with nice Chryslers and a bunch of fucking rice. Took forever to get parking spaces. Where we were standing outside Best Buy, this cross-breaded Civic driver kept doing a bunch of burnouts, then pulled a case of water out of his trunk and attempted to get every car to do a goddamn burnout. Thankfully we moved to DQ and it was much better.

Very cool event though. I'll be going up there again next year.

That assclown was trying to turn 79 into a fucking lake. It was hilarious watching him pour water on the front of peoples cars and then proceed to pour some on the front tires of a small truck. :lol:

someone find out who the chick was off brice in the 80's monte carlo doing burnouts then got pissed when the cops closed off the parking lot exit and did like a super u turn when all the dudes had to do 81 point turns to turn around

i am in love

My dad and I were out there as well, it was more impressive than I've ever seen it. It took two failed attempts ( traction control ) to get a good burnout going in his charger, but the the third attempt was a solid crowd pleasing success. I didn't get a ticket, but a cop stepped out in front afterwards and blew his whistle, stared at my dad and I for a second shaking his head, said "are you kidding me, get out of here!" ... not sure why really seeing as so many others were doing the same.

Good time either way, and I got my doors blown off by Doc's Mercedes from a roll on the way home ;).

Good time either way, and I got my doors blown off by Doc's Mercedes from a roll on the way home ;).

wish I could have seen that but I left 15min after you guys and I was stuck in that fucking parking lot for a good 25min. Some little asshole kid on his gayass bike was trying to piss of a car in front of me. He kept trying to do tricks on it till he ate shit and got up and rode away real fast. As i was telling Alex is was fun to hang out with you guys but I think we should have went earlier because it was more of a hassle then anything.

Edited by Moostang

As I was leaving two cops were standing in the middle of the road. One was waving a flashlight from side to side so I switched lanes. The other stepped in front of the car as officer 1 yelled at me how he wanted me to stop, not change lanes.

Major failmode.

No tickets will be given from the cameras from Mopar.

Mopar is a crock of shit and heres why. My buddies and I try to sit in southgate and just shoot the shit at night. No burnouts, racing, fighting or drinking. All of which I saw friday/saturday night. We are harrassed continuously by the Heath cops for "loitering". Now mind you on Saturday there was 10k+people loitering. I guess the shopping I do there everyfucking day doesn't compete with Joe Dirt from Iowa in his Mopar, who is there for 3 damn days.

The cops were ruining it at first by parking along the road and ticketing for burnous. Odd thing here is I saw no Mopars get tickets. I saw a Corvette, chevy pickup (driven by a 70yr old man) who had his grandkids with him, both in seat belts, and my buddies chevy on 20's all get tickets. They told us that they couldn't catch everyone..bullshit! They just don't want to lose the 3.8million Mopar brings in for the weekend.

BTW if anyone saw a red Chevy truck on black 20's, I was in it most of Sat night.

BTW if anyone saw a red Chevy truck on black 20's, I was in it most of Sat night.

Lowered 2wd? If so, nice burnouts.

They just don't want to lose the 3.8million Mopar brings in for the weekend.

Duh.

BTW, don't people understand that during that one night a year, non-Mopar folks just really aren't "welcome"? I know... public roads, yadda, yadda, but why do so many Camaros, rice, S-10s, etc insist on getting in the middle of a Mopar Nats event?

Reminds me of the Z06 I watched make 50 laps on 161 trying to rev and show off during the Good Guys weekend. Just out of place.

Edited by nurkvinny

alright, what the fuck is with the ignorant fucktards driving dodge rams with "HEMI" badges? do they think they get a special permit to fucking cut your ass off when you have the turn arrow just because they have a "HEMI" badge slapped on their rolling hunk of shit and it happens to be the mopar nationals??? the stupid fucks about T-boned/sideswiped/de-nosed mah jeep a couple different times when i was just trying to wade my way through the shit to get home.

i LOVE the mopar nationals(not a hardcore mopar guy, but a damn cool car is a damn cool car, no matter what badge it has on it), but i absoloutley despise the douchenozzels that it brings out each year.

BTW, anyone catch the corral of SRT10 rams? damn cool!!!

BTW, don't people understand that during that one night a year, non-Mopar folks just really aren't "welcome"? I know... public roads, yadda, yadda, but why do so many Camaros, rice, S-10s, etc insist on getting in the middle of a Mopar Nats event?

because it's the only day of the year that you can actually do a burnout on 79 maybe? i'm sure it would be a real issue if there were ford and cheby cruises like this too, but there aren't. your just gonna have to deal with it until this changes. i don't see what the problem is anyways, it's just a damn cruise.

Yes lowered 2wd lol

Whats up with all the SRT-4' thinking they are mopars? The "mopar" era ended in the late 70's early 80's. The reason there is so many other types of cars is because Mopar happens once a year, plus we are not allowed to sit out on 79 any other time besides Mopar. I wish there were more cruises honstly

Yes lowered 2wd lol

Whats up with all the SRT-4' thinking they are mopars? The "mopar" era ended in the late 70's early 80's. The reason there is so many other types of cars is because Mopar happens once a year, plus we are not allowed to sit out on 79 any other time besides Mopar. I wish there were more cruises honstly

If thats the case why are all the new Challengers, Chargers, 300s, Jeeps, trucks, vipers and etc. out and about and in the show for Nats? If you go to the show there are very few srts there, I think this year I saw less than six the entire time I was up there and like two were racing and some that I saw cruising lived there. Nats is still mostly an older crowd which doesn't draw the younger srt owners, the fwd class had six cars,2 of which were srts and the one was only in it because he didn't bring his old td.