Seafoam

thorne

Has anyone here used it?

Anyone tested dyno before and after to see if there was a difference?

My engine just recently turned over 100k and I was thinking about using this product but I can't figure out if its good or just marketing BS.

Yeah I searched and I was just still unsure. Figured would ask. We almost need a stickied spot of all the popular tech threads.

Is it really that legit? I'm trying to find some before and after dynos and cant seem to.

Just don't put the shit in the oil, otherwise sucking it in a vacuum line and dumping some in the tank always seemed to help out. I can't imagine it making a big difference in a car where it has been taken care of, but would be interested in dyno results.

Yeah, suck up about half a can using a vacuum line and let the engine choke out and die on it's own. Then WAIT at least 15min before you start your car to let the Seafoam have time to help to break down the deposits. The more smoke the comes out is supposed to be a direct reflection of how much carbon deposits were cleaned.

The worst thing that could happen is it might foul your plugs. Shit is safe, been using it for years with no issues.

Just don't put the shit in the oil, otherwise sucking it in a vacuum line and dumping some in the tank always seemed to help out. I can't imagine it making a big difference in a car where it has been taken care of, but would be interested in dyno results.

It really cleans up any sludge or buildup if you put it in the oil, then run it for about 200 miles and change it. Probably not a good idea to throw it in the oil and go for a track run or beating it up on the street.

It really cleans up any sludge or buildup if you put it in the oil, then run it for about 200 miles and change it. Probably not a good idea to throw it in the oil and go for a track run or beating it up on the street.

I'm just a beleiver in the fact that if your crankcase is in need of that type of cleaning the loose sludge can clog shit up, and if it's not in that condition why do it. I just hate putting cleaners in oil.

I'm just a beleiver in the fact that if your crankcase is in need of that type of cleaning the loose sludge can clog shit up, and if it's not in that condition why do it. I just hate putting cleaners in oil.

it can also cause leaky seals on older cars where the sludge has become part of the seal.

Seafoam in gas tank and in vacuum line is what I always did to my saturn. Also used Marvel Mystery Oil soak in the crank case and each cylinder too right before an oil change. But that was only because it burned and smoked more then normal when the car idled.