I Hate Driving Texters

Wease

Originally Posted by Putty View Post

I do it...can't lie. Not to mention w/out a seatbelt..I hate wearing it.

Remember when you advocate for these freedoms to do as you please, that the result of your "dumbassedness" makes for grief and misery for those who know you, makes for a gross scene which is witnessed by families, cleaned up by police, ambulance and tow truck drivers and creates more laws to stop the dumbasses who will follow your lead.

You need to get your head out of your....well you are probably jumping off a tower right now because it seemed cool.

The statistics on wearing seat belts are somewhere around 99 lives saved to 1 death, I'll stick to the odds on that gamble.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the state of ohio, if you test at .17 or higher, you are arrested for high test DUI. you have to wait a minimum of 14 days before getting driving privileges. yellow plates are optional for a regular DUI. a high test they are mandatory. a lock device is optional with either (blow before you can drive thing). also, with a high test you get mandatory 6 days in jail (or 3 days, with 3 day intervention program). your license can be suspended longer, and you can be fined more...

and it DOES matter if you dont blow (protip: never submit to any of their tests. dont blow, dont pee, dont give them blood) but thats another post...

anyway what im saying is this: if a txting driver is shown to be more imparied than a drunk driver, then the penalties should reflect that. thats all.

QFT. Do not take any tests, wish I would have known

thats cool seriously just put in your will that we can't mourn and have cruises in your honor if you choose to do something wreckless or because it inconveniences you

I'm not proud about what I do. I try to wear the belt, but it bothers me. I try not to text and drive, but for some reason I feel like I have a pretty good handle on it. I gotta stop though and start wearing a belt now that I have a "baby on board".

Simple truth; if you're texting, you are not looking at the road. Might as well drive blindfolded. I think it oughtta be a straight $1000 fine. $500 for talking on the phone without a hands-free set.

As for you idiots that don't wear seatbelts, I have no problem with a law that says you can drive without them, as long as it also says that you can't collect medical liability if you're not wearing one. Same for motorcycle helmets.

Simple truth; if you're texting, you are not looking at the road. Might as well drive blindfolded. I think it oughtta be a straight $1000 fine. $500 for talking on the phone without a hands-free set.

As for you idiots that don't wear seatbelts, I have no problem with a law that says you can drive without them, as long as it also says that you can't collect medical liability if you're not wearing one. Same for motorcycle helmets.

http://www.wease.net/pics/clap2.gif

i also tend to text while driving.. if its needed. and by that i mean, if i need to get my message across before i reach my destination. of course, i wear my selt belt. always, no matter if im going 10mph.

but like most people that text/drive or talk on the phone/drive... if you cant multitask, this will be more difficult. what about changing the radio/driving or messing with the air vents/driving. an accident takes 1 sec, whats it matter what you did while you werent looking?

same goes for drivers talking hands free...they aren't driving, they are engaging in conversation and picturing another world. I see it all the time. Hands free doesn't do squat. I know...I'm guilty of talking on the phone, most ever time I'm in the car. It's an effort to concentrate. I do it, but then I'm the guy cruising at 65mph in the middle lane with everyone zipping around me while I talk. I wear my headset but still have to look up the numbers to dial the phone.

I'm not saying texting is right...but there are a million other things besides driving that people....and truckers do that take their eyes and minds off the road.

same goes for drivers talking hands free...they aren't driving, they are engaging in conversation and picturing another world. I see it all the time. Hands free doesn't do squat. I know...I'm guilty of talking on the phone, most ever time I'm in the car. It's an effort to concentrate. I do it, but then I'm the guy cruising at 65mph in the middle lane with everyone zipping around me while I talk. I wear my headset but still have to look up the numbers to dial the phone.

I'm not saying texting is right...but there are a million other things besides driving that people....and truckers do that take their eyes and minds off the road.

yea ...this.

The difference is: You can still LOOK at the road, you cant if you are staring at a damn phone. relatively objective studies have been performed: talking hands free is NOT NEARLY as obtrusive to your driving as texting in. If you think they are equivalent, you really shouldnt be allowed to drive.... There is no 'good' excuse for texting and driving at the same time, its retarded, unsafe, and just a plain lack of common fucking sense.

Multi-tasking for texting and driving??? Fucking retarded, it is impossible to do that well. If you are looking at your phone, you are NOT looking at where you are going, or what the fuck is going on in front of you, which is the primary function for accidents.

The difference is: You can still LOOK at the road, you cant if you are staring at a damn phone. relatively objective studies have been performed: talking hands free is NOT NEARLY as obtrusive to your driving as texting in. If you think they are equivalent, you really shouldnt be allowed to drive.... There is no 'good' excuse for texting and driving at the same time, its retarded, unsafe, and just a plain lack of common fucking sense.

Multi-tasking for texting and driving??? Fucking retarded, it is impossible to do that well. If you are looking at your phone, you are NOT looking at where you are going, or what the fuck is going on in front of you, which is the primary function for accidents.

Again, http://www.wease.net/pics/clap2.gif

Who says you have to look at your phone in order to text? I sure as hell don't need to. Do all of you gamers look at the XBox/PS3 controller while you play CoD? Of course not, because that would just be retarded...

1. you are full of shit

2. You dont look at a controller, but you DO look at the output of what you are doing with taht contoller. Same with fucking texting, you ahve to look at the phone to read your incoming message, and I imagine you look at it to check the message you typed before you send it.

i cant believe you dipshits are arguing this? Its just as fucking retarded as a drunk arguing they drive better after being drunk off their ass.... :rolleyes:

Guest tbutera2112

how about the people who look down to find phone numbers?

change the radio station? (without it programmed in the steering wheel)

change their ipod?

fuck with the gps?

BUILT IN NAV?

dvd headunit?

its all the same shit

how about the people who look down to find phone numbers?

change the radio station? (without it programmed in the steering wheel)

change their ipod?

fuck with the gps?

BUILT IN NAV?

dvd headunit?

its all the same shit

Really if you are partaking in a conversation via text you are continually looking away from the road to write a sentence at a time, to change channels on my older car, takes one press of a button, do you not see the difference?

GPS/NAV should be set before you leave so that's no reason,

Front seat dvd should not work whilst being driven, back seat should be controlled by the passenger.

To stop looking at your phone to dial, don't make calls when driving, maybe if you have hands free you can accept them only, but I still have misgivings about that also.

Good point on the iPod maybe it should be banned while driving also, set it and leave the damn thing alone while driving. You can always pull ovber or change it while waiting at the traffic lights.

How hard is it for you to realize not everyone is as superior and capable as you, some people actually need to drive when they are behind the wheel, I know my niece has had about 10 wrecks in 5 years the majority due to texting.

My neighbor, a great guy, riding his bright yellow bike at 65 mph at 9.30 am on a 4 lane had a stupid middle-aged texting woman in her SUV pull out of a side road and hit him, breaking 17 bones and nearly killing him, 8 months later she injured another person in a wreck doing the same thing.

If it saves one life it is worth your slight inconvenience

Same with fucking texting, you ahve to look at the phone to read your incoming message, and I imagine you look at it to check the message you typed before you send it.

It literally takes half a second to glance at my phone while I hold it against the steering wheel and just to the side of my field of view of the road, and comprehend what the message says. If you've had your phone as long as I have, you can text and send the message without checking it and still have no spelling errors.

But, I wouldn't expect your average person to be this skilled at anything... :rolleyes:

It literally takes half a second to glance at my phone while I hold it against the steering wheel and just to the side of my field of view of the road, and comprehend what the message says. If you've had your phone as long as I have, you can text and send the message without checking it and still have no spelling errors.

But, I wouldn't expect your average person to be this skilled at anything... :rolleyes:

hahahahaha, whatever you think clown. But I will be laughing when they are scraping your dumbfuck ass off the pavement. You cant fix stupid. Just another arrogant kid, who you cant tell anything because they know everything already. You really are fucking retarded if you dont understand that texting and driving is completely and utterly unsafe, regardless of how "skilled" you 'think' you are at twiddling your thumbs.

"be this skilled at anything", LOL. I am sure texting is an excellent skill to be proud of, it wil get you far in life... if your life is in junior high with all the other kiddies where it is considered important :lol:

The "average person" around Columbus couldn't stay in one lane for ten seconds if you yanked out their radio, vanity mirrors, A/C, and all the gauges except the speedo, and installed a cell jammer in their fucking car.

How important are your messages? Apparently a LOT of people think they're more fucking important than common fucking sense and good manners, cause I just got run off the fucking road today by some stupid little cunt in a Cavalier with her goddamn phone glued to her fucking face. How important was the call, do you think? Cause to her it was important enough to risk MY life, and the lives of three other people crammed into that little shitbox by not checking her fucking mirrors before changing lanes.

I don't give a flying FUCK how skilled you think you are at doing other shit while driving, cause there's a million little bitches out there like that, and the odds of it being YOU on the road next to me are pretty fucking low.

I got this program on my blackberry that I talk and it auto types it into my text message. Now most of the time it doesn't type out the right words but I send it anyway for fun.

Ever get a text message like this from someone?

I just got run off the fucking road today by some stupid little cunt in a Cavalier with her goddamn phone glued to her fucking face.

Blackberry types out "I did call on fire this is soo low cut that how are you guys have a good are of updates"