Possible to repair a Greddy intercooler?

carl1647545492

Had a light front end impact at a track day and my Greddy 2 row intercooler took the brunt of it, it has a small curve where it should by flat looking at it from the top and the fins look flat at the corner but could probably be straightened out,just dont want to junk a $1100 kit if it is salvageable. Edited by carl
mispelling

Okay so i'm going to ask the obvious so not to assume, but it is leaking there? I'm sure as similar to a radiator as an intercooler is it can be fixed, it's just a matter of finding someone capable and making sure its worth it. Wish i could help, but if you find someone who can fix it please let us know.

Carl. We can easily make a pressure tester for it to see if it leaks at all and how bad it is. If you want to try it yourself.

Obviously if it's leaking that's best left to the pros to try and fix, but if it's not leaking I would say straighten out the fins a little and put it back in the car.

^^ Good suggestions, I will try doing a diy fix if there are zero leaks.I,m not going to put it back on unless I can flatten it out and this thing is probably going to need a press.

Carl. We can easily make a pressure tester for it to see if it leaks at all and how bad it is. If you want to try it yourself.

Obviously if it's leaking that's best left to the pros to try and fix, but if it's not leaking I would say straighten out the fins a little and put it back in the car.

Jesse,watcha got

Jesse,watcha got

You could basically do the same thing you would do for a pressure test in your car, but do it on just the intercooler.

Just cap off one end with a pressure gauge, the cap off the other with a fitting for a an air hose (to connect to a compressor). Pressurize it, turn off the air, and see if it leaks down.