Fuck Sunoco.

GonneVille

This is the exact reason I didn't tune on 94 back then, I chose Shell 93. :p

I mean 94 is not standard across the US, 93 is except for Cali, and I never want to set foot in that state again. What would the 1 extra Ron net you on the dyno? My 100 octane got me 10-12hp I think.

Sunoco 94 is 93 with a bit more ethanol mixed in by the pump. It was a marketing gimmick to say they had the highest octane street fuel available. If you ask Sunoco, they're blaming eliminating 94 on new government regulations which is a half-truth - ethanol is more expensive to produce than the old octane additive MTBE, so it's their choice to remove 94. The increased price of 93 is making up the difference.

If you're broken up over 94, just add a little Torco to your garden-variety 93. Viola, 94.

Someone has done their homework (see above). I worked for Mobil Oil Corporation for 13 years and was the Division Manager of all western US sales and marketing for their commercial and industrial division and President Of their Canadan affiliate. I also have a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, So I think I'm qualified to say the the statement above is correct. If anyone has been told that their car will run better on Sunoco 94 vs. Sunoco 93 they have been mislead. It essetially is the same stuff. Without getting into alot of unessecary technical mumbo jumbo, which I barely remember, I would suggest you use 93 and be glad they have eliminated 94. You will get the same performance and save .10/gal.

Ha, I fucking new it. I love giving them my business.

Family Owned Sunoco By the BW's in Reynoldsburg Has 94 but it is labeled as 93... they said they are going to keep ordering 94 as long as they can, and as long as it sows the "sale" sign on the pumps over the 93 its really 94

Without getting into alot of unessecary technical mumbo jumbo, which I barely remember, I would suggest you use 93 and be glad they have eliminated 94. You will get the same performance and save .10/gal.

Not at most Sunocos you won't. You'll get 93 at the same markup they used to charge for the 94, which is why I won't be going there anymore...so I will fill up on 93 at ANYWHERE OTHER THAN SUNOCO and save my ten cents.

Does anyone understand that it's the INCREASED MARKUP that pissed me off, not losing 94? Losing 94 sucks, I had measured results using it, but I would still fill up on Sunoco 93, IF they hadn't jacked up the markup on it.

Oh, and BTW, if it was just additional ethanol, then why was I getting INCREASED fuel mileage? My car LOSES fuel mileage when I have to use higher-ethanol gas while traveling out of state. Sorry, try again.

Time for E85 and another 30-40 hp.

(I have spent way too much time playing with these 3800's)

On another note. I am this close to putting the Z on a steady diet of 100 octane.

Wouldnt matter really, cause the Z never sees the road enough to burn it off :p

Meijer 93 is good gas.

Just keep in mind, if you run E85, you have to change out o-rings and/or seals.

No thanks. I stopped using Sunoco a while ago, but I do fill up with them when ever I see one. Been using Shell for a while now.

How old is this 3800???

Mine is a 98, but the Series 2 is E85 incompatible right up to 06, when the Bonneville and LeSabre were the only cars running it.

It's not just the seals and such. You'd have to own a tuner so you could put in different tunes for gas or E85, and you would have to run the tank nearly dry before switching so you didn't throw the tune off...been discussed ad-nauseum on the Bonneville forums with some dickhead who keeps harping on the glories of E85. Asshole runs a forum for an E85 producer...

I will use just about anything BUT shell (usually BP 93). I say this after seeing a lot of tuning, and the only gas that ever seemed to give knock issues was the Shell. Them adding a few extra sense for a stupid name that does nothing (vpower) doesnt help either.