So...Does Vick deserve the right to play?

Putty

Oh, definitely agreed, notice I didn't say anything to support the "thug" issue...but I do think the money and celebrity status do contribute to a lot of the problems these guys get themselves into.

Very true. Phil makes a good point as well. The same people that will pay money to boo him are the same people paying his check. Just like the people that think players are overpaid usually have some type of jersey or ball cap in their closet.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well lets c, I have a ladanian tomlinson,vince young(texas as well),mike vick, ray lewis, joey galloway, warrick dunn, cadillac williams,mike alstott,john lynch.(bucs where my boys until they got rid of everyone) now i have no team. maurice clarrett broncos lol bastard never even played. some more i know but cant remember. also nba players as well. as you can see i guess i dont really have a team i follow players a little more. Not to get off subject.

how can you say that these people are over paid? they have a special talent that is rare and uniquie. one that deserves to be payed for if you want to obtain the skills. that is like saying the top car tech is over payed cause hes just working on cars. well if you dont want the best then go to the guy who just works on cars as a job not as a craft. there is a difference. the nfl is the elite player. you fucks forget that and just think its a game. no it takes a special person that dedicated themself to being the best and they deserve every fucking penny. boooo yeah

well lets c, I have a ladanian tomlinson,vince young(texas as well),mike vick, ray lewis, joey galloway, warrick dunn, cadillac williams,mike alstott,john lynch.(bucs where my boys until they got rid of everyone) now i have no team. maurice clarrett broncos lol bastard never even plaid. some more i know but cant remember. also nba players as well. as you can see i guess i dont really have a team i follow players a little more. Not to get off subject.

LMAO at how you spelled played :p

how can you say that these people are over paid? they have a special talent that is rare and uniquie. one that deserves to be payed for if you want to obtain the skills. that is like saying the top car tech is over payed cause hes just working on cars. well if you dont want the best then go to the guy who just works on cars as a job not as a craft. there is a difference. the nfl is the elite player. you fucks forget that and just think its a game. no it takes a special person that dedicated themself to being the best and they deserve every fucking penny. boooo yeah

yes i agree they are all freaks of nature. but how much money does one man need? im not hatein but sheesh come on the economy is in the dumps (supposably) and these guys are not impacted at all.

how can you say that these people are over paid? they have a special talent that is rare and uniquie.

Wrong! I could go to the hood and put together a team of people that will run faster, throw harder, and have more skill then the people in the NFL. The biggest difference is they were too lazy, too dumb to get good grades, or got overlooked. The people in the NFL are special in that they went to the right places at the right time with just the right amount of talent. Think of how many first round quarterbacks end up on the bench because they get the the NFL before people realize they suck. Its all in how your coaches play you. If you sit the bench while they kiss another players ass you will never see the pros. The many seniors forced to sit the bench at Ohio State because a freshman comes in that will bring in higher ticket sales comes to mind...

yes i agree they are all freaks of nature. but how much money does one man need? im not hatein but sheesh come on the economy is in the dumps (supposably) and these guys are not impacted at all.

good athletes are a rare occurence. think about it, there is less than 4000 football players in the nfl. there are 6.2 billion people on the earth. you do the math

demand is way greater in this situation and vick has to be at the top 50 players list. so he is worth the $.

i also love how people are pissy about vick getting the deal he got and just a week ago eli manning got a crazy ass deal and he is a sub par qb at best with a good supporting cast. gtfo out of here. ill take vick all day over eli

Wrong! I could go to the hood and put together a team of people that will run faster, throw harder, and have more skill then the people in the NFL. The biggest difference is they were too lazy, too dumb to get good grades, or got overlooked. The people in the NFL are special in that they went to the right places at the right time with just the right amount of talent. Think of how many first round quarterbacks end up on the bench because they get the the NFL before people realize they suck. Its all in how your coaches play you. If you sit the bench while they kiss another players ass you will never see the pros. The many seniors forced to sit the bench at Ohio State because a freshman comes in that will bring in higher ticket sales comes to mind...

then they didnt have the true dedication to make it work. if they really wanted to do somthing positive they would have got off there lazy asses and studied to stay on the team, worked to get noticed, and put nothing and i mean nothing in front of there dream. there were better players then me in hs but i was on the team and busted my ass to get into dayton. i didnt have a huge support team. my dad and my trainer. thats it, so dont give me that shit about they didnt have a chance. everyone has a chance.

good athletes are a rare occurence. think about it, there is less than 4000 football players in the nfl. there are 6.2 billion people on the earth. you do the math

demand is way greater in this situation and vick has to be at the top 50 players list. so he is worth the $.

i also love how people are pissy about vick getting the deal he got and just a week ago eli manning got a crazy ass deal and he is a sub par qb at best with a good supporting cast. gtfo out of here. ill take vick all day over eli

I guess i see your point. and yes eli is a scrub. And if vick gets traded somewhere else any other team i will buy his jersey. I have been a bucs fan for years and hate the eagles due to putting them out of the playoffs like 2 yrs in a row. i swore i would never ever in a million years like the eagles or put on one of there jerseys

then they didnt have the true dedication to make it work. if they really wanted to do somthing positive they would have got off there lazy asses and studied to stay on the team, worked to get noticed, and put nothing and i mean nothing in front of there dream. there were better players then me in hs but i was on the team and busted my ass to get into dayton. i didnt have a huge support team. my dad and my trainer. thats it, so dont give me that shit about they didnt have a chance. everyone has a chance.

Not true at all. Coaches leave talented people on the bench all the time to play crowd favorites. Hard work doesnt mean a thing when politics are involved.

Actually no one has the RIGHT, to play in the NFL. It is a privledge to be at a high level at any company. That is why i feel that vicks suspension above and beyond time served is more than justified, if any of us were in jail for a couple years would we get our job back? Everyone makes mistakes, and it's not like he killed a PERSON or anything.

stallworth should recieve a lifetime ban from football, or 10 years would be plenty.

Human life > animal life . . . every time.

Not true at all. Coaches leave talented people on the bench all the time to play crowd favorites. Hard work doesnt mean a thing when politics are involved.

omg you would be that whiney kid on the bench that claims that politics play the role in your comfotable front row seat to the game. its not politics, show up to all events, be a visible face, come to work outs, and do what your suppose to do and you will play end of story. i am in the same situation right now at osu, im prolly the 3rd best player on the team but the guy ahead of me is never at practice or summer work outs, so should he get nod ahead of me because he maybe a better player? or do you want the guy who busted his ass all summer and is going to be there no matter what?

Actually no one has the RIGHT, to play in the NFL. It is a privledge to be at a high level at any company. That is why i feel that vicks suspension above and beyond time served is more than justified, if any of us were in jail for a couple years would we get our job back? Everyone makes mistakes, and it's not like he killed a PERSON or anything.

stallworth should recieve a lifetime ban from football, or 10 years would be plenty.

Human life > animal life . . . every time.

again there is more to that story than you read on the brief headline.

1. the guy ran into the middle of the street in the blind view of stallworths car, rather he was drinking that nite or not the probabilty of him getting in the same result was high.

2. dre bly did the same thing, and guess what hes still playing strong.

3. should every athlete get the ban hammer if they make a mistake? i hope no one that judges ever has anything unnexpected happen to them cause people have been so judgmental and only know the minute details

omg you would be that whiney kid on the bench that claims that politics play the role in your comfotable front row seat to the game. its not politics, show up to all events, be a visible face, come to work outs, and do what your suppose to do and you will play end of story. i am in the same situation right now at osu, im prolly the 3rd best player on the team but the guy ahead of me is never at practice or summer work outs, so should he get nod ahead of me because he maybe a better player? or do you want the guy who busted his ass all summer and is going to be there no matter what?

I would say the guy that busted his ass but the fans will want the best player with the best chance of winning the big game. I believe the politics is true. i played hs ball and where i played it didnt matter if you were the best, It only mattered if you were a ass kisser and a staff members son or daughter,fund raiser. I worked my ass off and got to play but i seen alot of kids that didnt that worked just as hard as me and harder.

Obviously you were the whiney kid.. thats how you ended up playing a sport that includes tube socks, knee pads, and a headbands as required attire. Anyone that plays real sports has seen talent go to waste at the hands of horrible coaches.

At OU I watched a kid that had the best arm ever sit the pine so that some guy that was 5'7'' and completed 2 passes per game could play. Did the coach ever think maybe we could win games if we used a real quarterback.. umm no. What about the wide receivers that ended the season with 10 catches a piece. I felt sorry for them.. on the wrong team at the wrong time.

, It only mattered if you were a ass kisser and a staff members son or daughter,fund raiser. I worked my ass off and got to play but i seen alot of kids that didnt that worked just as hard as me and harder.

Something tells me Phil is the ass kissing type :lol: Why work hard when you can act like you are while telling the coach how great he looks in his dockers.

I would say the guy that busted his ass but the fans will want the best player with the best chance of winning the big game. I believe the politics is true. i played hs ball and where i played it didnt matter if you were the best, It only mattered if you were a ass kisser and a staff members son or daughter,fund raiser. I worked my ass off and got to play but i seen alot of kids that didnt that worked just as hard as me and harder.

the best player is the one you want out there but not if he is a liabilty to the team. clarrett is my favorite ex. who wouldnt want his talented ass on the field? but at the same time do you want the headaches? there are very few players who can bring extreme drama and produce enough numbers to justify it.

Obviously you were the whiney kid.. thats how you ended up playing a sport that includes tube socks, knee pads, and a headbands as required attire. Anyone that plays real sports has seen talent go to waste at the hand of horrible coaches.

At OU I watched a kid that had the best arm ever sit the pine so that some guy that was 5'7'' and completed 2 passes per game could play. Did the coach ever think maybe we could win games if we used a real quarterback.. umm no. What about the wide receivers that ended the season with 10 catches a peice. I felt sorry for them.. on the wrong team at the wrong time.

hmm maybe the talented qb who was all great and mighty couldnt remember an offense audible to save his life. or maybe he had a strong arm but horrid decision making skills. the total package is nessacary. not just a strong armed big kid. and yes the recievers got screwed, but if they were as talented as you think they were, they would have shined in different areas. and yeah you can make jokes at my raquetball, but until you can play it at my level then silencio. and i dont rock tube socks biatch, they provie me with uber cool ankle socks with there logo on them:p

the best player is the one you want out there but not if he is a liabilty to the team. clarrett is my favorite ex. who wouldnt want his talented ass on the field? but at the same time do you want the headaches? there are very few players who can bring extreme drama and produce enough numbers to justify it.

I guess ohio state had no problem playing him in the national championship game liability or not. They did what was best for there chance to win, hell he was probably playing at 70% and he made the game saving play of ripping the ball out of shawn taylors hands, now shawn taylor that was a bad mofo to be doing that to. but yeah they knew he was a liability at that point in the season but they chose to play him any ways.

hmm maybe the talented qb who was all great and mighty couldnt remember an offense audible to save his life. or maybe he had a strong arm but horrid decision making skills. the total package is nessacary. not just a strong armed big kid. and yes the recievers got screwed, but if they were as talented as you think they were, they would have shined in different areas. and yeah you can make jokes at my raquetball, but until you can play it at my level then silencio. and i dont rock tube socks biatch, they provie me with uber cool ankle socks with there logo on them:p

There was no what if. The guy knew the playbook, never missed a practice, and even tried to help the other guy. When you come from money and your parents donate a lot to the school it gives you the upper hand in tryouts.

P.S. Saying you play raquetball at a high level is like bragging about beating someone at tetherball.

There was no what if. The guy knew the playbook, never missed a practice, and even tried to help the other guy. When you come from money and your parents donate a lot to the school it gives you the upper hand in tryouts.

theres no proof that was the case, thats just an easy cop out. there was somthing there that wasnt on the up and up, no coach is going to put his career on the line.

I guess ohio state had no problem playing him in the national championship game liability or not. They did what was best for there chance to win, hell he was probably playing at 70% and he made the game saving play of ripping the ball out of shawn taylors hands, now shawn taylor that was a bad mofo to be doing that to. but yeah they knew he was a liability at that point in the season but they chose to play him any ways.

he wasnt a real problem until after the season was over. again talent takes you so far, but if it becomes to big of a problem then you are not worth the risk.

rip shawn taylor.