So...Does Vick deserve the right to play?

Putty

Are all the ceo's with college degrees that are filing bankruptcy (due to the economy) poorly educated and ignorant? How about the dentist my wife used to work for that had to close his practice because the dental industry is feeling the effects of the economy as well...Is this Doctor also a poorly educated individual?

no but I don't read too many stories about large corporate CEO's with college degrees being arrested for dog fighting or acting all pimp like they are the shit with the only thing to fall back on is they are just excellent at sports.

most of the CEO's not only have a pretty lengthy pedigree in terms of business experience and education that goes far beyond our friend Vik and others like him. doctors and dentists usually fall into one of two categories...either they are doing well and good at running a business/practice...or they are in debt up to their eyeballs and living on the edge. the downfalls on their side are usually just based on lack of experience at running a practice. of course there are those that get caught up in high profile drugs or affairs, etc...and yes I would deem them white collar thugs who are just as dumb, but not necessarily ignorant since they know the drill but choose to play the odds. in terms of football players, most are not skilled beyond the rules of the game.

Trying to say they are more likely to get a divorce because they can run faster than you is actually kind of funny. Now the ones that got skipped through classes could have ethical issues that follow them their entire life... but not all athletes are cheaters.

I never said they are more likely to get a divorce because they are athletes, I said they are in the situations they are because they are nothing more than kids who grew up playing ball and that's about it.

Back on topic regarding Vik:

Look, I think you'll agree that in in every cross-section of life you're going to find criminals, but not every cross section of life is held up as a hero quite as much as a pro ball players. What seperates these guys from the average guy isn't the problems they create for themselves or the crimes or the severity of their crimes, it's the fact that they are looked at, for good or for bad, as heroes by our kids particularly boys.

That said, Vik and others like him should be forced to see that they aren't Gods gift to sports and that what they had was an opportunity not an entitlement. There are far too many good athletes that have higher morals, are smarter overall and deserve a shot at taking his spot than for us to simply give him a second chance because he's good. So are many others that bring a lot more to the table overall.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think we should be telling our kids that all you have to do is skate your way through school, play ball, and that even if you're as dumb as a rock and as ignorant as they come, you can make good money, be convicted of a crime and then still come back out with Joe-Publics support and be paid once again. That’s really showing ‘em how to make in the world today. Don't worry about the Indian, Chinese and Japanese kids who are studying their butts off licking their chops at the idea of at the idea of coming to the States to take the jobs that we’re not preparing our own kids to do. :rolleyes:

I say let his dumb ass use his "business skills" to go get a job and see if he can make it in the real world. My guess is he would fail hard. My note to Vik....you're nothing but a thug :gtfo:

Edited by TTQ B4U

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic