ford fails again

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

PCV in my truck dumps oil onto the intercooler...its not broken, that is how its designed....wtf?? after 90k miles i guess it was time to clean it up lol...they make oil separator kits, and egr deletes....no money right now though, but ill be doing that hopefully within the next 10k miles

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG1227.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG1225.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG1226.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG1228.jpg

Guest tbutera2112
time for mores boost's!

clean they gay shit up fag

i am cleaning it, hence why i removed it lol

only thing im doing to the SC is filling the silencer holes....i dont want more boost or anything because i dont have money for a tune or anything....its staying stock until the car is done or until i have a better job making more money

Guest tbutera2112
Not the smartest design that's for sure, but after you clean out that heat exchanger, it should make a big difference in your intake temps.

Post some pics after you clean it :)

idk how well im gonna be able to get it cleaned...i got 6 cans of brake cleaner, but i forgot to buy that purple stuff

Guest tbutera2112

lol only gas i have here is already mixed... im gonna give it a shot with the brake cleaner and see how it does...the screw on the bottom are one time use, so ill be leaving the IC and midplate attached...gonna spray it to death, clean it the best i can, and then rinse it with water, blow it out with air, let it dry some more and put it on

ill get pics after its cleaned up, and ill get pics of the sc after i fill the silencer holes...im in the middle of doing the spark plugs, which was the main reason for this tear down anyways lol...ive got the COPs out, havent attempted the plugs yet because im afraid of how long its going to take me :(....i hate working on this truck

what makes it worse is i have to sit in the engine bay to reach anything, and im 6'1 280lb so its a tight fit under the hood

Yea...

You know those actually serve a purpose other than to decrease sound, right? It's been a long time since I remembered this, but they help to smooth air pulses or something rather important. The SC 3800 guys were all about removing or filling them and they all lost power. Nate, where are you. I know you'll remember this!

Guest tbutera2112
Yea...

You know those actually serve a purpose other than to decrease sound, right? It's been a long time since I remembered this, but they help to smooth air pulses or something rather important. The SC 3800 guys were all about removing or filling them and they all lost power. Nate, where are you. I know you'll remember this!

ill give up a couple horses for a better sound lol its not a race car....if i was worried about power, i would be taking this thing to robs tonight and having him port it

and it may be different for these engines, ive looked at this a lot and it says the only draw back is the extra heat, which would be the performance loss, but on stock boost its not going to affect me much at all

ill give up a couple horses for a better sound lol its not a race car....if i was worried about power, i would be taking this thing to robs tonight and having him port it

and it may be different for these engines, ive looked at this a lot and it says the only draw back is the extra heat, which would be the performance loss, but on stock boost its not going to affect me much at all

So, you are knowingly:

1. Hurting performance

2. Inducing extra heat into the system (see #1)

For the payoff of:

Extra sound ?

I would also recommend drilling some holes in your firewall, that will help with sound too! Perhaps cut some holes in the hood!

:gtfo:

Guest tbutera2112
So, you are knowingly:

1. Hurting performance

For the payoff of:

Extra sound ?

I would also recommend drilling some holes in your firewall, that will help with sound too! Perhaps cut some holes in the hood!

hundreds of people do this exact mod with no negative effects, please gtfo...a few degrees is not going to hurt my engine, it runs cool as hell under all driving conditions

So, you are knowingly:

1. Hurting performance

For the payoff of:

Extra sound ?

He should cut feet holes in the bottom of his floor Flintstones style. Then he can make up for the few HP he lost. :o:o

Guest Removed
hundreds of people do this exact mod with no negative effects, please gtfo...a few degrees is not going to hurt my engine, it runs cool as hell under all driving conditions

considering that hot air goes thru a intercooler after its hot