If you had to v6 now v8 later

wnaplay1647545503

If you were going to buy a v6 car now but planned on swapping out to a v8 what car would you pick? I assume the easiest answer would be between a mustang and a camaro. This question was brought up in a conversation I was having with some guys. Cant be a crazy swap that costs $30k to fabricate I am looking for reasonable cars and swaps which can be done in a persons garage without alot of fabrication required. please back up your opinion with reasoning.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The argument was that with the camaro and mustang, the v6 models seem to be somewhat more appealing(certain years, not all). And with the cash saved with buying a v6 car the added money would be best spent on swapping a built engine instead of buying a v8 then building the motor.

Guest Removed
The argument was that with the camaro and mustang, the v6 models seem to be somewhat more appealing(certain years, not all). And with the cash saved with buying a v6 car the added money would be best spent on swapping a built engine instead of buying a v8 then building the motor.

that could go so many different ways. the v-6 cars as you say, have less add on's. like power this and that. see what im saying. and the fact its not always cheaper, on the mustang side of things. unless you find someone that doesnt know, that a 4 banger, rust free car can go for 2000, rolling around here.

you can take 5k, and make just about anything fast by dropping a built engine in it. piecing it together, is about the best way to go, if you know what you doing, or have the right info to do it right.

Heres an example this car is nice looking and asking price is $3200, so lets say you deal and get it for $2800. A comparable v8 version would probably go for $6k maybe more. I would think you could build a nice strong motor for $3200. One that would outperform a stock v8.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1323132402.html

And its the same with other fbodies appearance wise. I see a heck of alot v6 bodies that look better than their v8 counterparts. Why is that?

2800..are you fucking kidding me? there are some on there way cheaper then that!

i was just looking at a blown up one for 500....

I agree. the lime green one i bought off ebay for 800 and it was a v8 and ran. it was rough and needed work but you can find them really cheap. i sold the car before i painted it that horrible color by the way.

Guest Removed
Sure you can find some that are cheaper but that one I posted is nice looking. Has a nice interior. If all you wanted was lets say an fbody then you can certainly find one cheap but it might not look as good as the one I listed.

why pay big money, for something that you have to rip apart?

i was looking at a real clean v6 one, had a bad trans, and the motor made noise..900obo...

yeah i have been looking for something to shove this sbf in :D

Its about looks with me. I would certainly pay a little more for a car that looks good. I dont like all fbodies but every once in awhile I see one I would consider owning. Like the one I posted. Find me one that has the physical appearance as that one and sells for cheap.

Guest Removed
Its about looks with me. I would certainly pay a little more for a car that looks good. I dont like all fbodies but every once in awhile I see one I would consider owning. Like the one I posted. Find me one that has the physical appearance as that one and sells for cheap.

thats just a ground effects package...you could put that stuff on anything..and make it look the way you want, and id bet, you could do it cheaper..

i take it the rat rod deal didnt go thru?

Nope. We were set to trade and then the guy kept asking for more and more. I was literally set to go pick it up and he would say "I think I need more money with the trade". I finally said hell with it. I posted the deal information on a few rodding sites for a $ figure and everyone told me he was asking to much.

Guest Removed
I would pay the additional $ to have the ground effects and leather interior. How much to do a v8 swap.

will you have a donor car? cause rounding up all the correct parts to make the swap happen, can suck and very time consuming..

but price would depend on the amount of stuff needing swapped etc

like say its a auto car going stick, it would be more..

auto to auto, not so bad..but a donor car is best...

Guest Removed
150364114424 is the ebay item number. i would have posted up a link to it but im not sure how to do all that stuff just yet on here. but it is in pa and is 800.00 with 18hrs left v6. check it out

like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_rdc=1&item=150364114424&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D150364114424%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&viewitem=