Movie Review: District 9

CobraKevin

Do you suffer from some rare vision-dehabilitating seizure disease that the slightest shift of the camera causes brain implosion?; the camera was perfectly fine, in fact, I felt that they didn't look "live" or documentary-like enough.

"Shitty" ending? I can't imagine any other way to end it; the movie is obviously the first of several movies and the ending is key to connect the first and second.

It's entirely possible to end a movie without leaving it wide open like they did.

Do you suffer from some rare vision-dehabilitating seizure disease that the slightest shift of the camera causes brain implosion?

Yes, yes I do. My only qualm with the cinematography was the lack of making a decision: Is it a documentary or a movie? Make up your mind.

I like the open ending because I liked the movie. It created a "world" that was interesting, so leaving an open ending keeps that "world" alive. It also makes it easier to make a decent sequel: If ye get closure at the end of a flick, then the first 1/4 of a sequels is spent trying to make you think that it make sense to make the sequel. Worst example: Terminator franchise.

so, i watched it, i liked it.

the movie was VERY VAGUE though, left out a lot of information (on purpose probably)

but, it will make it easier for the sequel to have fresh material readily available. all-in-all, it created a world that had me interested in seeing more :thumbup: