Begrudgingly entering the Twitter World

iwishiwascool

My life/job consists of networking. It should be fairly interesting as I have fairly unique access to some of the most outrageous houses/condos in Columbus. More info on that as I get permission to post pics of their ridiculous pads.

Find me @ProgressiveKen

Anyone else had any success finding jobs, business this way?

I really havn't seen any way to directly get business through Twitter. However its a big tool for building a reputation for yourself/your business.

If you really want a good networking site that might bring some better business, try linkedin.com

I've had better luck with Facebook...I just came back from Naples, and when I told peeps on FB I was down there I ended up getting a drink invitation that may end up with some business down the road. Not bad for an initial investment of FREE for being on FB.

Linkedin.com = what i've done. Facebook (or Twitter) = what I'm doing right now.

It's a ton of shit on a daily basis, though...wierd high-school and college people coming out of the woodwork to be my "friend", a lot of stupid, senseless information.