$50,000 worth of weapons, including 35 firearms, stolen from Black Wing

excell

I saw this on the news last night. They said multiple phone lines were cut, and the back door (by the lodge area, was forced open with a crowbar.

I cannot believe they would not have a cellular / satellite backup and or an armed guard there overnight.

They have said all items have been corrected, along with additional security measures...

KillJoy

I saw this on the news last night. They said multiple phone lines were cut, and the back door (by the lodge area, was forced open with a crowbar.

I cannot believe they would not have a cellular / satellite backup and or an armed guard there overnight.

They have said all items have been corrected, along with additional security measures...

KillJoy

Or in the very least spend a couple hundred bucks and have a couple lines internalized and buried. Seriously. There are about 400 ways they could have engineered their security better and now there are 35 guns in the hands of who the fuck knows? Great fucking job.

What I don't understand is, that according to the BW Rep on the News, only 2 ARs were taken, an entire rack of "hunting" firearms, and several blackpowder arms.

Why the fuck would they NOT have taken ALL of the "evil black rifles"?????

KillJoy

Or in the very least spend a couple hundred bucks and have a couple lines internalized and buried. Seriously. There are about 400 ways they could have engineered their security better and now there are 35 guns in the hands of who the fuck knows? Great fucking job.

I'm glad I live in a state where I can protect myself.

What I don't understand is, that according to the BW Rep on the News, only 2 ARs were taken, an entire rack of "hunting" firearms, and several blackpowder arms.

KillJoy

They could only take what wasn't locked up. It said this in the article.

They could only take what wasn't locked up. It said this in the article.

I know that if I were planning on robbing a gunstore, I would be bringing Bolt Cutters and a SawzAll..... I wonder how much planning went into this.... and even if it was an "inside" job???

KillJoy

and even if it was an "inside" job???

KillJoy

This is what I was thinking as I read the article. It sure sounds like someone knew exactly what to do to get around the security system and exactly what it would take to get in the building.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/08/21/story_guns_stolen.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=102

Uh, holy shit. What kind of weakass security system did they have?

They don't. See that vault? They have a lot of high-end items there. I am not sure about the 35 guns... When I worked there, there was never that kind of stuff left around. The knives were always left out.

This is saddening. Two weeks ago a guy I know really well with probably 15K in knives was broken into as well. He is in Delaware, in the middle of nowhere.

The weakness is the fact that the place is in the middle of nowhere and authorities cannot respond quick enough.

KillJoy

Apparently they didn't get into the vault, which from my understanding was lined on all sides.

Apparently they didn't get into the vault, which from my understanding was lined on all sides.

The guy they were interviewing on CBS pointed to the rack in the middle of the vault, when he said they took a whole rack of hunting rifles....

:confused:

KillJoy

I know that if I were planning on robbing a gunstore, I would be bringing Bolt Cutters and a SawzAll..... I wonder how much planning went into this.... and even if it was an "inside" job???

KillJoy

Same. I would have taken all those AR15's, but it seems like they were more after the knives?

I'm sure it's easier to sell knives and lower-end guns without raising a great deal of suspicion. The couple AR's they got were probably for themselves.

True... but have you ever seen some of the clientel at a Pro Gunshow???

:eek::eek::eek:

KillJoy

The guy they were interviewing on CBS pointed to the rack in the middle of the vault, when he said they took a whole rack of hunting rifles....

:confused:

KillJoy

My response to this is:

The media has already skewed this. To say $50,000 in weapons stolen isn't right; $50,000 of inventory from a gun store is much more accurate... I am sure the 35 guns stolen were probably the owner's (who was interviewed).

These were most likely in his office, but who knows.

Perhaps they started getting lax and left guns out. That vault is where all of the guns in the store were "stored" during after hours.

I really thought something like this would be much more likely to happen at NASR--just look at the building. However LE response time would be much quicker.

I'm sure it's easier to sell knives and lower-end guns without raising a great deal of suspicion. The couple AR's they got were probably for themselves.

Trust me... The ATF is all over this. 35 guns of ANY type is VERY serious in their eyes. I do believe many of the guns that are being claimed in that amount are curios and relics, though.