3 Gun Tourneys

Drewhop

Talk to LJ or Putty, I believe they've done them before. And no, you don't need top of the line gear to compete. I believe you're put into different classes depending on the type of gear you bring.

i.e. They aren't going to put a guy with a Remmy 870 against a guy with a 11 rd., Ghost loaded, M1.

personally i suggest black wing. they have a really nice facility. its fairly cheap too. also what kind of comps are you looking at? trap? skeet? or paper targets?

3 Gun = Rifle, pistol, shotgun at silhouette targets. It's shooting and moving type of competition, so standing at a firing line, or shooting skeet isn't really the best practice. A nice outdoor range you can practice holster draws, double taps with your rifle of choice, and reloading a shotgun.

personally i suggest black wing. they have a really nice facility. its fairly cheap too. also what kind of comps are you looking at? trap? skeet? or paper targets?

Cheap? LOL! Not at all--I used to work there. Excellent facility, yes!

Anyone done one of these and what was there impression of it.

Do you need top of the line gear to compete.

Are there places to get some experience before jumping into something like this.

I used to do Briar Rabbit all the time. It's quite fun and no you don't need the best stuff on earth to compete, or to win. It's more about having fun and learning than anything else. It is also an awesome way to practice in ways most civilians normally can't.

I used to do Briar Rabbit all the time. It's quite fun and no you don't need the best stuff on earth to compete, or to win. It's more about having fun and learning than anything else. It is also an awesome way to practice in ways most civilians normally can't.

in these comps, do you get to practice reloading then shooting targets again? what about shooting on the move? this actually sounds like alot of fun if I had a rifle I'd be all over this.

I was reading up on BriarRabbit. They have a 2 gun tourney justy about every month. I may try and make a trip up there and check out there action pistol course as well. Looks like most of there tourney guns are limited to 8 rounds. Guess its time to shine up the old shotgun as well and practice loading. I will more then likely make a trip in september maybe I can set something up so a few CR members show up as well.

If someone had to choose from there personal collection what guns would you choose for a 3 gun tourney?

I was reading up on BriarRabbit. They have a 2 gun tourney justy about every month. I may try and make a trip up there and check out there action pistol course as well. Looks like most of there tourney guns are limited to 8 rounds. Guess its time to shine up the old shotgun as well and practice loading. I will more then likely make a trip in september maybe I can set something up so a few CR members show up as well.

If someone had to choose from there personal collection what guns would you choose for a 3 gun tourney?

If I ever got into 3 gun (and I eventually will), I'd build dedicated race guns. I suppose it'd also depend on what class I chose to run in (I'm unsure what the classes are right now). But...

-G34 or custom 2011

-AR

-Remmy 1100 or Benelli M1

Current collection:

-G23 or 1911

-Throw an upper on one of my AR lowers

-870 or Saiga

Does a 2 gun tourney consist of shotgun/handgun or rifle/handgun? Make a post when your going I'd like to go to one of these for sure.

Ive got a G26 (with extended mag/grip) and a mossberg 500. If there's a novice or beginner league i'd definitly try it out. Probably lose but still it would at least be fun.

I used to shoot at Pickaway County Sportsmans a lot last year. They have a real good 3-gun shoot with about 6 stages per shoot and about 100 shotgun, 100 pistol and 100 rifle round counts.

I shot a DPMS AR

Glock 17

Mossberg SPX

http://www.pcsirange.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=28:multigun&layout=blog&Itemid=29&layout=default

The only good two gun matches around here are in Pickaway. They are affiliated with Big Darby. They offered a match that was pistol/shotgun and every now and again there is a pistol/rifle match. The price of the IDPA matches have gone up quite a bit. It's like $25 a match plus ammo. It's about a $85 day.