WTB: Family car for up to $6k

Bam

No, i dont care what you say, you need a VAG. Perhaps a Jetta TDi Wagon. ~50MPG, lots of room, roofrack, hitch...nice

Ok...find me one, lol, I've searched trust me, there is 1 vw jetta wagon under $6k on autotrader...and it has 140k miles, F that.

Ok...find me one, lol, I've searched trust me, there is 1 vw jetta wagon under $6k on autotrader...and it has 140k miles, F that.

140k on a diesel? thats just getting broken in. But I will look. I just saw a 98 for sale with 289k on it and running.

140k on a diesel? thats just getting broken in. But I will look. I just saw a 98 for sale with 289k on it and running strong

No, 140k on a 2.slow...i'm not as much worried about the miles as I am the price, I'm sorry but a 99 jetta wagon 2.slow w/ 140k miles is NOT worth $5500, maybe $2500, if that.

Like I said I've had multiple vw's so I kinda know what they are worth. Ive had at least 4 mk3's, 4 mk4's, an mk1 and a couple passats, so I understand what comes with owning one and would love a wagon, but can't find any decently priced ones for some reason.

No, 140k on a 2.slow...i'm not as much worried about the miles as I am the price, I'm sorry but a 99 jetta wagon 2.slow w/ 140k miles is NOT worth $5500, maybe $2500, if that.

Like I said I've had multiple vw's so I kinda know what they are worth. Ive had at least 4 mk3's, 4 mk4's, an mk1 and a couple passats, so I understand what comes with owning one and would love a wagon, but can't find any decently priced ones for some reason.

I see. Well I say if its going to be a jetta, make it a TDI or maybe a 1.8T, else get an audi. Nothing beats quattro. Theres a 02 Alroad on craigslist for $7891 with 111k on it. That would be sweet, but its over your price range and then you have k03's to deal with (which hold up well on allroads and a6's). But its from a dealer, so you might be able to talk him down a bit, and get some kind of warranty.

Maybe a bmw 3-series wagon, but not sure about the maintainence on those. Plus no quattro

Damn, thanks Jason, I dunno why my search didn't turn up that many...I may call about the 02 right now for $5500, miles are too high...

And thanks Chris for any help, I'm not partial to jetta's or passat's, or even audi's, but $6k is literally like above my max now that I had to pay some negative equity off, but I can still do that.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/1337270257.html

Just talked with that guy, apparently he doesn't want to sell it.

He's firm at $5500, even though that's above the current value of it between NADA/KBB/Edmunds, and to top it off he hasn't even had the timing belt/waterpump done yet which isn't cheap and was due 5000 miles ago.

Thanks for the links anyways Jason.

Still searching