500hp WRX?

Miller

I have a friend that is currently researching the possibilities of building his motor, tranny, and a turbo kit for is 04 2.0l WRX. He is not necessarily limited by money but would rather stay on the lesser side of the spending. Where should he begin to look? What modifications will it require? How much would they cost? Especially pertaining to the transmission which will likely be his first modification since the current one is giving out. Give me details and links if you guys find the time. He has already decided upon the companies that will perform the labor and the tune.

Thanks,

Edited by Miller

No matter how you look at it, having a 500 whp 4 cly is not going to be cheap or anything close to it. Even a nice twin or triple plate clutch to support that power is going to set him back 3k. and the post above is the truth just go buy an evo if he wants that type of awd car, it will do it alot more easy.

You can throw a set of cams in and afew other bolt ons on it and make close to that(considering a good tune). But +1 on the clutch, You will have to have something better then stock along with the trans. I would say a shep. The shit isnt cheap.

Guest tbutera2112
You can throw a set of cams in and afew other bolt ons on it and make close to that(considering a good tune). But +1 on the clutch, You will have to have something better then stock along with the trans. I would say a shep. The shit isnt cheap.

cams and bolt ons gets almost 500hp out of a 2.0L wrx??

Our 560 AWHP wrx won the Import faceoff AWD class yesterday.

:biggrin:

The car would be used for racing, primarily straight line. Do you guys have any picture/info on your page as to what is done to that car? I'm sure it's modded pretty extensively.

cams and bolt ons gets almost 500hp out of a 2.0L wrx??

If that's the case then I should quit looking at Evo's and buy a set of cams and I should get 500hp. :p

500whp out of the EJ205 is not an easy task. 2.5L, built, sleeved, 35/42R, 6 speed. That will get him somewhere around 500whp. His best bet would be to sell the WRX and buy an STi if he wants to do it cheaper. The 04 STi's are getting cheaper, and he would have a better platform to start with.

Guest tbutera2112
If that's the case then I should quit looking at Evo's and buy a set of cams and I should get 500hp. :p

500whp out of the EJ205 is not an easy task. 2.5L, built, sleeved, 35/42R, 6 speed. That will get him somewhere around 500whp. His best bet would be to sell the WRX and buy an STi if he wants to do it cheaper. The 04 STi's are getting cheaper, and he would have a better platform to start with.

yea that didnt sound right at all.....thanks for clarity

No I am supporting EVO's. And my comment was towrds evos. Also notice that I said a few other bolt on parts as well. But it is easy to make power with an Evo. I wouldnt own a WRX or an STI. Unless ofcourse I wanted to rally.

getting the 2.0 much past 400whp safely on a stock block anit happening. If all he wnats to do is drag race he needs to get PPG straight cut gears to handle the power of drag racing launches.

500whp on a subaru is kinda magic point. The 2.5 is really pushing it on stock block at that point.

Motor wise he could go with a well built 2.5 hybrid powered by a gt35r turbo to reach close to 500whp.

What I would go with personally

MOTOR:::

HTA35R

EJ255/7 MAYBE even a 2.7 stroker

upgraded pistons rods

FMIC

Meth or E85

stage 4 clutch puck style

BC Cams and rest of pieces that go with it.

EMS wise you could use the stock ecu with 400g/s hack and a few other tricks or just go stand alone Hydra. If slomo is building it Shrek can tune hydras quite well.

Tranny

STi 6 speed

PPG straight cut gears.

If he really just wants to go fast the straight cut gears can take WAY more abuse.

If he wants to push his 2.0 as far as he can get a HTA68 + e85 make 350whp with a power curve very similar to mine.

It's almost cheaper to just go STi

Motor 5K

Tranny 5-10k

Install ???

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/submotors.htm

^ those prices are not bad but thats only a short block. You still need the rest unless you go 2.5 hybrid.

He's looking at close to 15k+ if not more to do it right.

Edited by Thorne

here is 500awhp on pump and 642awhp on c16 just tell him to photoshop it into his engine bay that will be the cheapest way for sure.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/1STI2H8/1817.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/1STI2H8/1816.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/1STI2H8/1813.jpg

It's not even a question the 2.5 is the only way to go. And god damn do I love your engine bay Ego. DREWL

If you don't mind me asking how much do you have in the car so far?

I'm not stopping my build . If i can keep the trend of getting 30-40 more whp every season I will be happy. that 2.0 hta68 dyno had me drewlin

Order I would use for his build assuming he does not go the easy route and get a STi. I don't know what clutch he put in but if its not stage 3 or better he will melt it at his power level.

0. Beast clutch 600-1000

1. Tranny PPG or 6speed http://www.andrewtechautomotive.com/ ---- THEY ARE THE BEST AT SUBARU TRANNYS. I bought my first one else were and it went boom. 5k+ http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?parentid=3&parent2id=14&parent3id=31&productid=1 7k

2. motor EJ255/257 with pistons and rods and crank. http://www.gruppe-s.com/Subaru/submotors.htm 5k

3. Fuel 1000

4. FMIC Custom fabbed I'm sure installed1000

5. EMS Hydra 2k tuned

6. turbo 1000

7. Brakes 500

8. suspenison 3000

21k so far to buld it right. or buy a STi toss a 20g on it run 11's and be happy

Thats not including labor unless noted.

He already has a vf39 and EWG so putting that on the 2.5 should be atleast a nice middle spot.

Edited by Thorne

Miller, call me, Im tryin to get 500+ on pump outta my STi this winter :)

I would like to talk to you about that for sure. It looks like G is just selling the car and going to one of the dark sides :o

Thanks for the information, though, it helped him make the decision he did rather quickly.

I would like to talk to you about that for sure. It looks like G is just selling the car and going to one of the dark sides :o

Thanks for the information, though, it helped him make the decision he did rather quickly.

The down side is really the pure cost of going to 500whp from a 2.0 and sti is not as hard.

is he going v8? TBSS?

500whp in a evo still take a bit of work btw.