Another trooper caught speeding

HAOLE

I hope this is not a repost. Just goes to show you some of the po po are not the brightest.

Clicky

Another trooper ticketed for speeding

Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:53 PM

By Elizabeth Gibson

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Another State Highway Patrol trooper with the Columbus motorcycle unit has received a speeding ticket while driving off duty, and once more the ticket wasn't issued at the scene of the traffic stop, said patrol spokesman Lt. Tony Bradshaw.

A trooper with the Athens post pulled over Trooper David Mills, 53, at about 7 p.m. Sunday. Radar clocked him driving 97 mph in a 60 mph zone on Rt. 33 in Hocking County.

Bradshaw said it appeared a supervisor was involved in the decision to issue the ticket later that day. An internal investigation into whether the troopers broke any regulations was started Monday.

Mills has been reassigned to the Circleville post until the investigation is finished.

This week, a Gahanna police officer was fired for riding a motorcycle at 149 mph while off duty. A state trooper who was riding with him at 147 mph received a five-day unpaid suspension and was reassigned from the Columbus motorcycle unit to the Marysville post.

Officer Christopher Thomas, 33, and Trooper Jason E. Highsmith, 35, both entered guilty pleas in Licking County Municipal Court this month to speeding on I-70. Each was fined $150 and had his license suspended for six months, although Judge W. David Branstool granted both limited driving privileges.

97 in a 60 and the ticket is issued later in the day because a supervisor got involved? What a crock of shit. Seriously can't wait to be pulled over for 10 MPH over. I need to keep these articles in the car for OHP.

Be sure to call me first. This way I can put you going to jail on youtube for all of CR to enjoy.

:p

I seen that article... I think that we can expect a lot more press on these cases because of what happened on 70. Honestly, I think that OSP is WAY less likely to ticket a fellow law enforcement officer (even though it's a sick display and lack of judgment). It took the supervisor to put a halt on everything and do the right thing.

However, imagine yourself in that situation. The guy you pulled over is pulling the "Hey I'm a cop too" card, so you elect to let him slide (which probably isn't the right thing to do). Your supervisor almost shits when he hears about it and tells you to issue a ticket.

What would be even WORSE in the above scenario is the media getting a hold of it, which really shouldn't have happened.

Oh well.

However, imagine yourself in that situation. The guy you pulled over is pulling the "Hey I'm a cop too" card, so you elect to let him slide (which probably isn't the right thing to do). Your supervisor almost shits when he hears about it and tells you to issue a ticket.

I thought I was the person thinking this. People try any angle to get out of a ticket. If I was a cop, I'd surely use that in hopes of getting out of something. Cops are just people too, and just like most people, there are moral and immoral ones.

Yay, a cop got a ticket. In the 48 hours before that, about a bunch of other people did to.

YAY

I thought I was the person thinking this. People try any angle to get out of a ticket. If I was a cop, I'd surely use that in hopes of getting out of something. Cops are just people too, and just like most people, there are moral and immoral ones.

Yay, a cop got a ticket. In the 48 hours before that, about a bunch of other people did to.

YAY

Lol, you got that right!

Honestly... I think they should have known better, but they can't take it back. Dummies.

So I know the one guy lost his job and the other got suspended... but it never siad if they got a ticket or not. How much? Did they get points on their license?

Both got a $150 ticket and a 6 month suspension, but work privileges. I'm still puzzled how a State Trooper can have his license suspended and still keep his job, not only for the fact that you shouldn't be driving, but for the fact you should be uninsurable with the state for a number of years. I work for the state and have seen employees fired for this because they were not insurable with the state's policy and their job required them to drive.

Both got a $150 ticket and a 6 month suspension, but work privileges. I'm still puzzled how a State Trooper can have his license suspended and still keep his job, not only for the fact that you shouldn't be driving, but for the fact you should be uninsurable with the state for a number of years. I work for the state and have seen employees fired for this because they were not insurable with the state's policy and their job required them to drive.

they could be working a desk while it was suspended.