IPS Custom TT setup pulls 1132RWHP through a 4L80e!

atomicfusion1647545515

I have a 3.42 which is the only gear that will fit in the c6z rear end... With that I am currently running a 28" tire but also have a 26" (don't run it for obvious reasons).

I do have some options that are up for consideration.

1) convert to a solid rear axle (this idea would completely destroy my car as it is today but add obvious benifits) probably will never happen.

2) rear spindle kit that will allow for smaller brakes and 15" rims with a 28" tire that has some real sidewall.

option 2 is the more likely choice, but the cost and time have kept me from doing it this season with all the other changes. I'd bet that the car comes out next season with 15" wheels.

The changes we made this week should allow me to get my 60' back and with the extra power I am expecting 8.80 or better. My first pass in Indiana was a 9.5@155 on 7 cylindars with a 1.91 60'.

Lets subtract the .52 seconds to my usual 60' and that is a 8.98@155 on without 1 cylindar! Now lets add that back in and that should allow for a bit more...

I am excited for Friday...

Should be fun!

Bench racing is fun isn't it.... :)

Why can't you run the RPM 3.90 rear end that I have?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i heard the car wasnt done.

We twisted / bent / broke the prop-shaft and/or driveshaft in some spirited street testing the night before so it was a no-go yesterday. RPM says they are only rated to 1000hp so we obviously put a bit too much stress on it. An upgrade will be put in next week and it will be back out shooting for 8s :)

Jeff