How much should it cost to fix the bumber on my envoy?

V8 Beast

I've been rear ended 4 times in the last three years (apparently there is a hit me sign on the back of this thing). The last three only did minor damage but the first one kind of made part of the bumper warped in 2 spots. I was told it would be about $700 to buy a new bumper and get it painted. Is there a better way to go?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i89/xxtheonlyxx/valvetrain004-1.jpg

A PT cruiser lost its life thanks to the the driver forgetting the brake was on the left side. At a red light I heard a rev, tires squealled like someone was launching, and smack. She said she went to slam on her brakes and hit the gas by mistake. If you look at the picture close you can see its the outline of a pt cruiser grill....

pm mr 360 iroc an see if he can hook you up

edit: hes no longer 360 iroc hes not clifford automotive

I know, he did work on my sisters car. I'm getting a general concensus from the board..

For all I know someone owns an envoy and wants to give me their bumper :D

I know, he did work on my sisters car. I'm getting a general concensus from the board..

For all I know someone owns an envoy and wants to give me their bumper :D

youve been trying this for months. have you called around to local yards to see if they have a newer envoy out there thats totaled but the bumper is good? or mabey that car-part.com thinge ill keep an eye out

youve been trying this for months. have you called around to local yards to see if they have a newer envoy out there thats totaled but the bumper is good? or mabey that car-part.com thinge ill keep an eye out

No luck. With the way the economy is people and companies just cant afford to give me their bumpers.

LMFAO! Tempting but I'm no theif.

The other driver already paid for it. Since its a lease I decided not to fix it until I was about to return it. Good thing too since my neighbors kid scratched up the paint... not to mention me hitting it with dressers, car parts, bikes, etc.

If it is a lease and you are turning it in i wouldnt fix it at all. I sold cars and lease turn ins we didnt even check them out that closely. The bumper damage doesnt stand out a whole lot. I would pocket the money and turn it in. or wait till the next person rear ends you. When you turn them in they look at the mileage really close but thats about it.

If it is a lease and you are turning it in i wouldnt fix it at all. I sold cars and lease turn ins we didnt even check them out that closely. The bumper damage doesnt stand out a whole lot. I would pocket the money and turn it in. or wait till the next person rear ends you. When you turn them in they look at the mileage really close but thats about it.

Good point. Since I'll being paying about $1000 for milage they will probably focus mostly on that.

I would just pocket the money man the bumper isnt that bad. If you buy something else they will waive the miles. If not they may rape you on the miles.

I'm trying but the prices they want are crazy. My envoy is supposedly still worth 21k :confused: I couldnt even talk them down either... If I'm lucky someone will trade in something worth buying here soon.

Their cost on the cover is 195, Brian. You can call LKQ and get it for the same price today. 272-8600 Or you can see if Mark can get it cheaper for you with his dads discount. LKQ has about 40 in the cover.

Oh and at list price 700 is about right.

that 195 is without paint I assume..